Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,786 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 400 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Confusion >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lithium carbonate 16,053 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Confusion 36,429 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 14,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 401 people (2.71%) have Confusion.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (81 people, 20.20%)
- Depression (22 people, 5.49%)
- Bipolar i disorder (21 people, 5.24%)
- Schizophrenia (15 people, 3.74%)
- Mental retardation severity unspecified (12 people, 2.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (48 people, 11.97%)
- Olanzapine (48 people, 11.97%)
- Depakote (46 people, 11.47%)
- Zyprexa (37 people, 9.23%)
- Akineton (28 people, 6.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take the probiotic -- (includes chicory root) with my daily medication -- namely lithium or will there be a drug interaction between them or increase/decrease of my lithium blood level? Thank you!
- I take lithium carbonate however however lithium orostat sounds much safer and beneficial to health a low dose but absorbed better dr. wont prescribe it because of nt enough research
Its just that i dont get over sad times in my life Twice i had to go to hospital with deep depression and now i have been put on lithium so that i dont have a relapse and i think that lithium stimulates the serotonin that the body cant make up when in depression mode i think that is why i stay depressed. I am ok but wont know what i would be like if i was not on lithium. I was wanting to kow about lithium orostat low dose lithium that is meant to be very beneficial to health non toxic and is absorbed better however Doctors wont prescibe it as there has not been enough research
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations? (1 answer)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood thinner?
More questions for: Lithium carbonate, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hurt anymore and be so scared to leave my house or sleep. I just want to sleep forever.
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia (1 response)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that weak. I thought it was because I was working on a difficult project. No amount of rest could alleviate the extreme severe fatigue. I was tired all the time, even on weekends and holidays. I have never felt so run down. I thought it was my job causing these issues. I was almost ready to leave the job because of my concerns about my fatigue. I then considered, it might be the Lisinopril. I stopped taking it for a couple of days and then went back to my 20mg dosage. I felt much better but I am considering not taking any. At 40 mg it lowered my blood pressure but I have a daily rise in BP due to my commute and that still continued. This drug scares me. I had never been so overwhelmed.
More reviews for: Lithium carbonate, Confusion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- I just stopped taking lomotil, day two of four day wean. Very saddened to think this med is causing. Only thing so far that stopped my wattery diahrrea. I have sever IBS-D. I am very hyper sensitive, have been on meds since October 27, 2014.
Only thing they could rule out it was only thing new. Sa ...
- sodium levels in kidneys are high, has a breathing tube for labored breathing. she was talking and knew who she was and where she was after recovery. they done a couple of tests and she has not woke up. they also told her to take her lithium before surgery and also gave her lithium after surgery. sh ...
- I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
- Long term (10 plus years) well managed Rapid Cycling BiPolar. Takes Lithium twice daily and has for 10 plus years. Has just had his 2nd Grand Mal seizure in 3 years. Trying to find a cause, all blood tests and scans are coming back normal. Lithium levels were within range etc .... No idea why this ...
More related studies for: Lithium carbonate, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.