Home > Lithium carbonate > Drooling > Lithium carbonate and Drooling
Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Drooling?
Summary: Drooling is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Risperidone, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,777 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Drooling. Find out below who they are, when they have Drooling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Drooling >>>
Lithium carbonate (latest outcomes from 16,044 users) has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) (latest reports from 12,003 patients) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 14,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 42 people (0.28%) have Drooling.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Drooling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Drooling when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Age of people who have Drooling when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Severity of Drooling when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drooling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 21.43%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (7 people, 16.67%)
- Mania (5 people, 11.90%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (2 people, 4.76%)
- Constipation (2 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperidone (8 people, 19.05%)
- Risperdal (6 people, 14.29%)
- Haldol (5 people, 11.90%)
- Gabapentin (4 people, 9.52%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drooling while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Drooling
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Drooling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- I take lithium carbonate however however lithium orostat sounds much safer and beneficial to health a low dose but absorbed better dr. wont prescribe it because of nt enough research
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Depression From Lifes Events Last A Long Time I Have Had To Go To Hospital, and takes Lithium Carbonate )
Its just that i dont get over sad times in my life Twice i had to go to hospital with deep depression and now i have been put on lithium so that i dont have a relapse and i think that lithium stimulates the serotonin that the body cant make up when in depression mode i think that is why i stay depre ...
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tremors, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recov ...
More questions for: Lithium carbonate, Drooling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Lithium carbonate, Drooling
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Not Responding At All
Comments: sodium levels in kidneys are high, has a breathing tube for labored breathing. she was talking and knew who she was and where she was after recovery. they done a couple of tests and she has not woke up. they also told her to take her lithium before surgery and also gave her lithium after surgery. sh ...
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Grand Mal Seizure (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)
Comments: Long term (10 plus years) well managed Rapid Cycling BiPolar. Takes Lithium twice daily and has for 10 plus years. Has just had his 2nd Grand Mal seizure in 3 years. Trying to find a cause, all blood tests and scans are coming back normal. Lithium levels were within range etc .... No idea why this ...
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Depression. The patient has Body Is Stiff And Mins Going Crazy
Comments: Doctors keep wanting to say conversion disorder but I have all kinda of weird symptoms I never had bwdoew in my life my body is getting hard I can't hardly talk OE move I choke..I have never has these problems on my life.
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Very Low Mood, Depression
Comments: Weight gain,can't sleep,addictive traits. Also take Sertraline,Lorazepam,zopiclone, levothroxine.
Feel this illness has altered my personality my husband. Of of now 27yrs says I'm uncaring, spiteful at times and very selfish. Complete opposite of how I use to be.
More related studies for: Lithium carbonate, Drooling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased and Remicade
- Swollen Tongue and Crestor
- Night Sweats and Prozac
- Morphine and Schizophrenia
- Does anyone have really bad burning sensation and extreme fatigue when jessners reapears?
when my jessners flares up I have an extreme burning sensa ... (1 hour ago)
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles acciden ... (3 hours ago)
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (4 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (19 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (24 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Crestor for a 48-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol (12 minutes ago)
- Crestor, Zopiclone, Ventolin, Atrovent Hfa, Escitalopram, Symbicort, Vitamin D, Celebrex for a 53-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Chronic Insomnia, Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Depression, COPD, Breast Cancer Her2+, Degenerative Joint Disease (34 minutes ago)
- Compare Atacand and Diovan for a 63-year old man (2 hours ago)