Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,813 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,081 Lithium carbonate users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,192 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 14,813 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 105 people (0.71%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||25.00%||16.67%||16.67%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Erectile dysfunction||7.27%||92.73% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||1.39%||0.00%||16.67%||22.22%||25.00%||18.06%||16.67% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||11.11%||44.44%||33.33%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (28 people, 26.67%)
- Depression (25 people, 23.81%)
- Phobia (11 people, 10.48%)
- Blood cholesterol (11 people, 10.48%)
- Pain in jaw (8 people, 7.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (23 people, 21.90%)
- Zyprexa (19 people, 18.10%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 15.24%)
- Neurontin (14 people, 13.33%)
- Depakote (13 people, 12.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lithium carbonate and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Lithium carbonate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.