Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Eye movements - uncontrollable?
Summary: Eye movements - uncontrollable is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,813 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Eye movements - uncontrollable. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye movements - uncontrollable and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Eye movements - uncontrollable >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,074 Lithium carbonate users)
Eye movements - uncontrollable
Eye movements - uncontrollable has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, depression, convulsion, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 2,634 Eye movements - uncontrollable patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 14,813 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 38 people (0.26%) have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Eye movements - uncontrollable * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||16.67%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Eye movements - uncontrollable when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||67.50%||32.50% |
Age of people who have Eye movements - uncontrollable when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||0.00%||0.00%||2.56%||20.51%||7.69%||38.46%||10.26%||20.51% |
Severity of Eye movements - uncontrollable when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||20.00%||80.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye movements - uncontrollable ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 31.58%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.53%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (4 people, 10.53%)
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 5.26%)
- Ill-defined disorder (1 people, 2.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (15 people, 39.47%)
- Lamotrigine (14 people, 36.84%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (12 people, 31.58%)
- Neurontin (9 people, 23.68%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (9 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lithium carbonate and eye movements - uncontrollable on
Do you have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate for a 22-year old woman with Major Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Vision Problems, Nystagmus
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Valproate Sodium, Omeprazole, Ferrous Fumarate, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lithium Carbonate, Aspirin, Clozapine for a 42-year old woman with Headache, Mood Stabilizer, Acid Reflux, Anaemia, Hypertension, Blood Thinner, Schizophrenia. The patient has Aortic Regurgitation, Skitzopheniaauditory Halucinations Of A Comanding Nature
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar 1. The patient has Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight)
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Spironolactone, Metformin, Glycopyrrolate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Phenelzine Sulfate for a 45-year old woman with Migraine Without Aura, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression, High Blood Pressure, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Sweating, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Akathisia, Tinnitus Aggravated, Hypertonia
Recent Lithium carbonate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.