Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Eye movements - uncontrollable?
Summary: Eye movements - uncontrollable is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,822 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Eye movements - uncontrollable. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye movements - uncontrollable and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Eye movements - uncontrollable >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,091 Lithium carbonate users)
Eye movements - uncontrollable
Eye movements - uncontrollable has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, depression, convulsion, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 2,635 Eye movements - uncontrollable patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 14,822 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 38 people (0.26%) have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Eye movements - uncontrollable * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||16.67%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Eye movements - uncontrollable when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||67.50%||32.50% |
Age of people who have Eye movements - uncontrollable when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||0.00%||0.00%||2.56%||20.51%||7.69%||38.46%||10.26%||20.51% |
Severity of Eye movements - uncontrollable when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||20.00%||80.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye movements - uncontrollable ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye movements - uncontrollable||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 31.58%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.53%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (4 people, 10.53%)
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 5.26%)
- Ill-defined disorder (1 people, 2.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (15 people, 39.47%)
- Lamotrigine (14 people, 36.84%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (12 people, 31.58%)
- Neurontin (9 people, 23.68%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (9 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lithium carbonate and eye movements - uncontrollable on
Do you have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Eye Movements - Uncontrollable
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 25-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Urine Cotinine Test Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate, Magnesium, L-lysine, Vitamin D, L-theanine for a 29-year old woman with Sleepy, Migraine With Aura, Depression, Bipolar I Disorder, Migraine, Skin - Dry, Stress. The patient has Bowel Obstruction
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 49-year old woman with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Can't Urinate
Recent Lithium carbonate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.