Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Fatigue?
Summary: Fatigue is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,822 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 779 have Fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Fatigue >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,091 Lithium carbonate users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 201,009 Fatigue patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 14,822 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 779 people (5.26%) have Fatigue.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (241 people, 30.94%)
- Depression (79 people, 10.14%)
- Bipolar i disorder (63 people, 8.09%)
- Pain (45 people, 5.78%)
- Ill-defined disorder (43 people, 5.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (125 people, 16.05%)
- Klonopin (82 people, 10.53%)
- Depakote (76 people, 9.76%)
- Risperdal (76 people, 9.76%)
- Lamictal (73 people, 9.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lithium carbonate and fatigue on
Do you have Fatigue while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Fatigue
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Lithium carbonate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.