Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tegretol, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,813 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,081 Lithium carbonate users)
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer. (latest reports from 20,667 Interstitial lung disease patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 14,813 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 12 people (0.08%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Interstitial lung disease||61.54%||38.46% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||22.22%||11.11%||33.33% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (5 people, 41.67%)
- Epilepsy (4 people, 33.33%)
- Pyrexia (4 people, 33.33%)
- Cholecystitis (4 people, 33.33%)
- Bipolar i disorder (4 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol (5 people, 41.67%)
- Nitrazepam (4 people, 33.33%)
- Doribax (4 people, 33.33%)
- Clarithromycin (4 people, 33.33%)
- Biaxin (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 31-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Prostatitis Escherichia Coli (inflammation of the prostate gland by escherichia coli infection)
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 29-year old man with Bipolar 1. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate for a 22-year old woman with Major Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Vision Problems, Nystagmus
Recent Lithium carbonate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.