Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Lose weight (Weight loss)?
Summary: Lose weight is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,786 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 164 have Lose weight. Find out below who they are, when they have Lose weight and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Lose weight >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lithium carbonate 16,053 users)
Lose weight has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Lose weight 16,911 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 14,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 164 people (1.11%) have Lose Weight.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Lose weight * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lose weight||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Lose weight when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Lose weight||52.75%||47.25% |
Age of people who have Lose weight when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Lose weight||0.00%||0.00%||0.62%||7.45%||37.89%||34.78%||16.15%||3.11% |
Severity of Lose weight when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lose weight||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Lose weight ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lose weight||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (90 people, 54.88%)
- Depression (48 people, 29.27%)
- Schizophrenia (31 people, 18.90%)
- Sleep disorder (26 people, 15.85%)
- Bipolar i disorder (17 people, 10.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (113 people, 68.90%)
- Zyprexa (71 people, 43.29%)
- Risperdal (49 people, 29.88%)
- Depakote (45 people, 27.44%)
- Abilify (42 people, 25.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lose Weight while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Lose Weight
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Lose Weight
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- I take lithium carbonate however however lithium orostat sounds much safer and beneficial to health a low dose but absorbed better dr. wont prescribe it because of nt enough research
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Depression From Lifes Events Last A Long Time I Have Had To Go To Hospital, and takes Lithium Carbonate )
Its just that i dont get over sad times in my life Twice i had to go to hospital with deep depression and now i have been put on lithium so that i dont have a relapse and i think that lithium stimulates the serotonin that the body cant make up when in depression mode i think that is why i stay depre ...
- Does diovan 320 improve kidney function and reduce creatinine?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Overweight)
I was diabetic and was under oral medication. i am OK now I only take some care with my food and my diabetes is within the limit and under control.
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
More questions for: Lithium carbonate, Lose weight
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Lithium carbonate, Lose weight
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Not Responding At All
Comments: sodium levels in kidneys are high, has a breathing tube for labored breathing. she was talking and knew who she was and where she was after recovery. they done a couple of tests and she has not woke up. they also told her to take her lithium before surgery and also gave her lithium after surgery. sh ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with DVT. The patient has Urination - Excessive At Night, Weight Loss
Comments: Since retiring from work three and a half months ago I have lost 10-11 lbs in weight. I put this down to eating more healthily at home and taking more exercise but I'm still losing weight. I take warfarin every day because of DVTs. My brother has type 2 diabetes.
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Grand Mal Seizure (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)
Comments: Long term (10 plus years) well managed Rapid Cycling BiPolar. Takes Lithium twice daily and has for 10 plus years. Has just had his 2nd Grand Mal seizure in 3 years. Trying to find a cause, all blood tests and scans are coming back normal. Lithium levels were within range etc .... No idea why this ...
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Depression. The patient has Body Is Stiff And Mins Going Crazy
Comments: Doctors keep wanting to say conversion disorder but I have all kinda of weird symptoms I never had bwdoew in my life my body is getting hard I can't hardly talk OE move I choke..I have never has these problems on my life.
More related studies for: Lithium carbonate, Lose weight
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.