Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,786 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 16,052 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Narcotic abuse 10,555 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 41 people (0.28%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Narcotic abuse * :
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Narcotic abuse||44.68%||55.32% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Narcotic abuse||2.27%||0.00%||11.36%||9.09%||27.27%||36.36%||13.64%||0.00% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 21.95%)
- Bipolar i disorder (8 people, 19.51%)
- Depression (5 people, 12.20%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 12.20%)
- Bipolar ii disorder (3 people, 7.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (16 people, 39.02%)
- Depakote (13 people, 31.71%)
- Alprazolam (8 people, 19.51%)
- Remeron (7 people, 17.07%)
- Clonazepam (7 people, 17.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Lithium carbonate, Narcotic abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia (1 response)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Lithium carbonate, Narcotic abuse
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- sodium levels in kidneys are high, has a breathing tube for labored breathing. she was talking and knew who she was and where she was after recovery. they done a couple of tests and she has not woke up. they also told her to take her lithium before surgery and also gave her lithium after surgery. sh ...
- Long term (10 plus years) well managed Rapid Cycling BiPolar. Takes Lithium twice daily and has for 10 plus years. Has just had his 2nd Grand Mal seizure in 3 years. Trying to find a cause, all blood tests and scans are coming back normal. Lithium levels were within range etc .... No idea why this ...
- Doctors keep wanting to say conversion disorder but I have all kinda of weird symptoms I never had bwdoew in my life my body is getting hard I can't hardly talk OE move I choke..I have never has these problems on my life.
- Weight gain,can't sleep,addictive traits. Also take Sertraline,Lorazepam,zopiclone, levothroxine.
Feel this illness has altered my personality my husband. Of of now 27yrs says I'm uncaring, spiteful at times and very selfish. Complete opposite of how I use to be.
- I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
More related studies for: Lithium carbonate, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.