Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Stress and anxiety?
Summary: Stress and anxiety is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,813 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 676 have Stress and anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Stress and anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Stress and anxiety >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,081 Lithium carbonate users)
Stress and anxiety
Stress and anxiety has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 195,871 Stress and anxiety patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 14,813 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 676 people (4.56%) have Stress And Anxiety.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Stress and anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stress and anxiety||18.67%||13.33%||5.33%||8.00%||9.33%||9.33%||36.00% |
Gender of people who have Stress and anxiety when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Stress and anxiety||69.06%||30.94% |
Age of people who have Stress and anxiety when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|Stress and anxiety||0.16%||0.62%||2.80%||14.60%||21.12%||23.60%||21.12%||15.99% |
Severity of Stress and anxiety when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stress and anxiety||3.70%||40.74%||48.15%||7.41% |
How people recovered from Stress and anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stress and anxiety||25.00%||16.67%||58.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (208 people, 30.77%)
- Depression (115 people, 17.01%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (65 people, 9.62%)
- Anxiety (61 people, 9.02%)
- Bipolar i disorder (52 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (154 people, 22.78%)
- Risperdal (102 people, 15.09%)
- Lamictal (96 people, 14.20%)
- Klonopin (93 people, 13.76%)
- Xanax (87 people, 12.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stress And Anxiety while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Stress And Anxiety
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Stress And Anxiety
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a 22-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Celexa for a 42-year old woman with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress
Recent Lithium carbonate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.