Home > Lithium carbonate > Swelling > Lithium carbonate and Swelling
Review: could Lithium carbonate cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,777 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Swelling >>>
Lithium carbonate (latest outcomes from 16,044 users) has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Swelling (latest reports from 183,086 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 14,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 59 people (0.40%) have Swelling.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Lithium carbonate * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Lithium carbonate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 16.95%)
- Metastases to bone (6 people, 10.17%)
- Depression (6 people, 10.17%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 10.17%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 8.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (11 people, 18.64%)
- Zometa (11 people, 18.64%)
- Ibuprofen (10 people, 16.95%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (9 people, 15.25%)
- Lamictal (9 people, 15.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- I take lithium carbonate however however lithium orostat sounds much safer and beneficial to health a low dose but absorbed better dr. wont prescribe it because of nt enough research
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Depression From Lifes Events Last A Long Time I Have Had To Go To Hospital, and takes Lithium Carbonate )
Its just that i dont get over sad times in my life Twice i had to go to hospital with deep depression and now i have been put on lithium so that i dont have a relapse and i think that lithium stimulates the serotonin that the body cant make up when in depression mode i think that is why i stay depre ...
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tremors, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recov ...
More questions for: Lithium carbonate, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Lithium carbonate, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Vitamin D, Glucosamine, Vitamin B12, Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Synthroid for a patient with Excessive Sleepiness, Sleep Apnea, Health, Joint Pain, Heart Murmurs, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Confusion, Memory Impairment
Comments: Had several rounds of ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) in 2000 to 2001. Large chunks of long term memory lost
Fell and hit back of head on frozen ground in Jan of 2013. Head x-ray normal
Severe car accident in April of 2013. Wearing seat belt...for some reason unbuckled it right before impact ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Indomethacin, Prednisone for a patient with Bipolar 2, Diabetes Mellitus, Shaking Palsy, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Chronic Tonsillar Disease, Elevated Mood
Comments: Experienced swelling of hands and feet in October of 2012 plus joint pain; advised NP at clinic of these events; no changes to meds (at that time only Lithium [level of 1.03], Propranolol, and Metformin). February 2013 extreme swelling of hands in particular presented with accompanying severe joint ...
More related studies for: Lithium carbonate, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.