Review: could Lithium carbonate cause White blood cell count increased?
Summary: White blood cell count increased is found among people who take Lithium carbonate, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clozaril, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 14,786 people who have side effects while taking Lithium carbonate from FDA and social media. Among them, 230 have White blood cell count increased. Find out below who they are, when they have White blood cell count increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have White blood cell count increased >>>
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 16,052 users)
White blood cell count increased
White blood cell count increased has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from White blood cell count increased 23,523 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 14,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Lithium carbonate. Among them, 230 people (1.56%) have White Blood Cell Count Increased.
Time on Lithium carbonate when people have White blood cell count increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|White blood cell count increased||56.25%||25.00%||6.25%||6.25%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have White blood cell count increased when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|White blood cell count increased||46.48%||53.52% |
Age of people who have White blood cell count increased when taking Lithium carbonate * :
|White blood cell count increased||0.00%||0.00%||10.04%||14.41%||20.52%||25.76%||11.79%||17.47% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (53 people, 23.04%)
- Bipolar disorder (52 people, 22.61%)
- Depression (29 people, 12.61%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (18 people, 7.83%)
- Bipolar i disorder (11 people, 4.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clozaril (58 people, 25.22%)
- Lamictal (39 people, 16.96%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (28 people, 12.17%)
- Zyprexa (27 people, 11.74%)
- Valproate sodium (27 people, 11.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have White Blood Cell Count Increased while taking Lithium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate and have White Blood Cell Count Increased
- support group for people who take Lithium carbonate
- support group for people who have White Blood Cell Count Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take the probiotic -- (includes chicory root) with my daily medication -- namely lithium or will there be a drug interaction between them or increase/decrease of my lithium blood level? Thank you!
- I take lithium carbonate however however lithium orostat sounds much safer and beneficial to health a low dose but absorbed better dr. wont prescribe it because of nt enough research
Its just that i dont get over sad times in my life Twice i had to go to hospital with deep depression and now i have been put on lithium so that i dont have a relapse and i think that lithium stimulates the serotonin that the body cant make up when in depression mode i think that is why i stay depressed. I am ok but wont know what i would be like if i was not on lithium. I was wanting to kow about lithium orostat low dose lithium that is meant to be very beneficial to health non toxic and is absorbed better however Doctors wont prescibe it as there has not been enough research
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood thinner?
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage? (1 answer)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recovery and/or permanent brain damage?
More questions for: Lithium carbonate, White blood cell count increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia (1 response)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Lithium carbonate, White blood cell count increased
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a serious infection and was just notified that inspite of the infection now being under control with some serious antibiotics after spending three days in the hospital my white blood count continues to be high and has increased since my release from ...
- sodium levels in kidneys are high, has a breathing tube for labored breathing. she was talking and knew who she was and where she was after recovery. they done a couple of tests and she has not woke up. they also told her to take her lithium before surgery and also gave her lithium after surgery. sh ...
- Long term (10 plus years) well managed Rapid Cycling BiPolar. Takes Lithium twice daily and has for 10 plus years. Has just had his 2nd Grand Mal seizure in 3 years. Trying to find a cause, all blood tests and scans are coming back normal. Lithium levels were within range etc .... No idea why this ...
- Doctors keep wanting to say conversion disorder but I have all kinda of weird symptoms I never had bwdoew in my life my body is getting hard I can't hardly talk OE move I choke..I have never has these problems on my life.
- Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
More related studies for: Lithium carbonate, White blood cell count increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.