Review: could Lo loestrin fe cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is reported only by a few people who take Lo loestrin fe.
We study 87 people who have side effects while taking Lo loestrin fe from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lo loestrin fe and have Hair loss >>>
Lo loestrin fe
Lo loestrin fe has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Lo loestrin fe 115 users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Hair loss 41,549 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 87 people reported to have side effects when taking Lo loestrin fe. Among them, 1 people (1.15%) has Hair Loss.
Time on Lo loestrin fe when people have Hair loss * :
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lo loestrin fe * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lo loestrin fe ** :
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Endometriosis (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (1 people, 100.00%)
- Zyrtec (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Lo Loestrin Fe?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lo loestrin fe and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Lo loestrin fe
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Lo loestrin fe, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this drug should post that this is a side effect as so many have been complaining of the same side effect. I also began having problems with my teeth and always prided myself of having great teeth with no problems. I also understand that if there is a deficiency of Vitamin B12 that this together with taking this drug can cause these issues of hair loss and mouth/teeth problems. Again; I feel this should be totally and more readily informed to anyone taking this drug. I don't feel that anyone should have to give up things important to them to maintain a healthy way of living...I am going to see my physician and discuss what other options that may exist as I am not feeling very comfortable with this drug and the side effects I am experiencing.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My face had cysts and I was breaking out like I was going through puberty-I'm 33! I was having pain in my breast bone where the cartilage meets the sternum. I am talking about serious pain! It felt like I had slept on my side for hours with a boulder on me. I would never recommend this birth control to anyone. If you are taking it and feeling these symptoms, talk to your doctor about switching birth control immediately!
More reviews for: Lo loestrin fe, Hair loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
More related studies for: Lo loestrin fe, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.