Review: could Loestrin 24 fe cause Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 27, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 524 people who take Loestrin 24 fe. Among them, 30 have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness. See who they are, when they have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Loestrin 24 fe
Loestrin 24 fe (latest outcomes from 1,124 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate. It is often used in birth control, over-the-counter birth control. Commonly reported side effects of Loestrin 24 fe include nausea, nausea aggravated, vaginal bleeding between periods, pulmonary embolism, depression aggravated.
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,503,911 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 508 people reported to have side effects when taking Loestrin 24 fe. Among them, 30 people (5.91%) have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness.
Time on Loestrin 24 fe when people have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||33.33%||23.81%||9.52%||23.81%||4.76%||0.00%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Loestrin 24 fe * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||40.00%||26.67%||20.00%||3.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Loestrin 24 fe ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||46.67%||33.33%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (6 people, 20.00%)
- Birth control and family planning (5 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (4 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 13.33%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (3 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Midol menstrual complete caplets (2 people, 6.67%)
- Synthroid (2 people, 6.67%)
- Tranexamic acid (2 people, 6.67%)
- Tylenol (2 people, 6.67%)
- Lexapro (2 people, 6.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Loestrin 24 fe, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Loestrin 24 Fe is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Loestrin 24 Fe used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Birth Control (1,925 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Over-the-counter Birth Control (6 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular (9 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Ovarian Cysts (34 reports)
Browse Loestrin 24 fe side effects from A to Z:
Browse Loestrin 24 fe drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Fatigue begins early AM and lasts all day. Nothing seems to alleviate it.
From this study (6 months ago):
I feel socially awkward and have low self esteem. I am unable to connect with other people. This was brought about the same time I started taking Vyvanse and Ritalin. I have been diagnosed with and treated for depression in the past.
From this study (1 year ago):
During the past two years I have developed, in the following order, extreme fatigue, stomach discomfort (diarrhea, vomiting, bloating, gas, pain), joint pain, and problems with short memory. The stomach discomfort seems to be due to a lactose intolerance and the joint pain to a gluten sensitivity. Those symptoms have largely subsided. The fatigue is still present and conflicts with my ability to secure a job, and I think it's probably associated with the memory issues. It might be due to sleep apnoea but I have not yet completed a sleep study. I have always had low blood pressure.
Helpful on Nov, 24, 2012:
Have you had your thyroid levels checked? Be sure to ask your doctor for the complete thyroid panel. A TSH is helpful but not a complete picture and may miss more subtle indications of an imbalance.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- Will coq-10 cancel out microgestin 1/20 mgs
Can this cancel out birth control? I know some supplements can just want to know before i start taking this.
More questions for: Loestrin 24 fe, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Loestrin 24 fe, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Ritalin, Vyvanse for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression, Social Fear, Social Avoidant Behaviour
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Montelukast Sodium, Loestrin 24 Fe, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a patient with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression - Major, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Sinusitis, Pain - Joints. The patient has Fatigue, Osteoarthritis, Stomach Discomfort, Lactose Intolerance, Gluten Free Diet, Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Folvron - 182MG;0.33MG, Ibuprofen, Lamictal, Loestrin 24 Fe for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Anemia, Pain Management, Bipolar Disorder, Birth Control And Family Planning. The patient has Depression Aggravated, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Brief Psychotic Disorder, With Postpartum Onset, Sleeplessness (Insomnia), Fatigue, Psychosis Aggravated
More related studies for: Loestrin 24 fe, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.