Review: could Loestrin 24 fe cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Loestrin 24 fe, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lunesta, and have Birth control.
We study 582 people who have side effects while taking Loestrin 24 fe from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Loestrin 24 fe and have Hair loss >>>
Loestrin 24 fe
Loestrin 24 Fe has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 1,144 Loestrin 24 Fe users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 582 people reported to have side effects when taking Loestrin 24 fe. Among them, 9 people (1.55%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Loestrin 24 fe when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Loestrin 24 fe * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Loestrin 24 fe ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (3 people, 33.33%)
- Ovarian cyst (1 people, 11.11%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 11.11%)
- Menstrual cramps (1 people, 11.11%)
- Depression (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lunesta (1 people, 11.11%)
- Lo lo estrin fe 24 (1 people, 11.11%)
- Lexapro (1 people, 11.11%)
- Bupropion hydrochloride (1 people, 11.11%)
- Midodrine hydrochloride (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of loestrin 24 fe and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Loestrin 24 Fe?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Loestrin 24 fe and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Loestrin 24 fe
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a 74-year old woman with Diareaha. The patient has Hair Thinning
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 26-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Junel Fe 1/20, Lexapro, Fioricet for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Anxiety, Headache. The patient has Breast Tenderness
- A study of side effects of Minastrin 24 Fe for a 32-year old woman with Birth Control.
Recent Loestrin 24 fe related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Camila for a 25-year old woman who has Pregnancy
- Comparions of Doxycycline Hyclate, Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a 28-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.