Review: could Lomotil cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Lomotil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 5,757 people who have side effects while taking Lomotil from FDA and social media. Among them, 299 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lomotil and have Rash >>>
Lomotil has active ingredients of atropine sulfate; diphenoxylate hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from 5,901 Lomotil users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 151,048 Rash patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 5,757 people reported to have side effects when taking Lomotil. Among them, 299 people (5.19%) have Rash.
Time on Lomotil when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Lomotil * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Lomotil * :
Severity of Rash when taking Lomotil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (45 people, 15.05%)
- Diarrhoea (40 people, 13.38%)
- Pain (31 people, 10.37%)
- Hiv infection (23 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (84 people, 28.09%)
- Oxycontin (72 people, 24.08%)
- Zofran (69 people, 23.08%)
- Aspirin (68 people, 22.74%)
- Lasix (66 people, 22.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lomotil and rash on
Do you have Rash while taking Lomotil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lomotil and have Rash
- support group for people who take Lomotil
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Lomotil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Imodium, Lomotil for a 93-year old woman who has Diarrhea,immediately, After Mostly Dinner,I, ,
- Comparions of Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Lomotil for a 44-year old man who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Abilify, Clonazepam, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Interactions
- Comparions of Lomotil, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Diarrhea
- Comparions of Lomotil, Sandostatin LAR for a 39-year old woman who has Cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.