Review: could Loperamide hydrochloride cause Anticholinergic syndrome?
Summary: Anticholinergic syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Loperamide hydrochloride.
We study 2,117 people who have side effects while taking Loperamide hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Anticholinergic syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Loperamide hydrochloride and have Anticholinergic syndrome >>>
Loperamide hydrochloride has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from 2,308 Loperamide hydrochloride users)
Anticholinergic syndrome (absolute or relative reduction in cholinergic activity in the central nervous system) has been reported by people with depression, pain, prophylaxis of nausea and vomiting, anaesthesia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 414 Anticholinergic syndrome patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 2,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Loperamide hydrochloride. Among them, 1 people (0.05%) has Anticholinergic Syndrome.
Time on Loperamide hydrochloride when people have Anticholinergic syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Anticholinergic syndrome when taking Loperamide hydrochloride * :
|Anticholinergic syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Anticholinergic syndrome when taking Loperamide hydrochloride * :
|Anticholinergic syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Anticholinergic syndrome when taking Loperamide hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Anticholinergic syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastroenteritis (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lomotil (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of loperamide hydrochloride and anticholinergic syndrome on
Do you have Anticholinergic Syndrome while taking Loperamide Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Loperamide hydrochloride and have Anticholinergic Syndrome
- support group for people who take Loperamide hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Anticholinergic Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man with Diarrhoea, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of side effects of Imodium for a 62-year old woman with Bowel Obstruction.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Flomax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydrodiuril, Finasteride, Imodium for a 75-year old man with Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypertension - Essential, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Anxiety, Fluid Retention, Diarrhea. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ventolin, Co-codamol for a 36-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma, Sciatica. The patient has Abdominal Tenderness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Imodium for a 20-year old man with Aches - Leg, Loose Stools. The patient has Stools - Bloody, Dizziness, Vomiting, Heart Palpitations, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Shoulder Pain, Loose Stools
Recent Loperamide hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 82-year old man who has Parkinson's Disease And Diarrhea
- Comparions of Chloroquine Phosphate, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Undefined
- Comparions of Acetazolamide, Dimenhydrinate, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Altitude Sickness
- Comparions of Imodium, Lomotil for a 93-year old woman who has Diarrhea,immediately, After Mostly Dinner,I, ,
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Benzphetamine Hydrochloride, Belviq, Phentermine for a 45-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.