Home > Loperamide hydrochloride > Anticholinergic syndrome > Loperamide hydrochloride and Anticholinergic syndrome
Review: could Loperamide hydrochloride cause Anticholinergic syndrome?
Summary: Anticholinergic syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Loperamide hydrochloride.
We study 2,113 people who have side effects while taking Loperamide hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Anticholinergic syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Loperamide hydrochloride and have Anticholinergic syndrome >>>
Loperamide hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,303 users) has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea.
Anticholinergic syndrome (absolute or relative reduction in cholinergic activity in the central nervous system) (latest reports from 1,291 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, prophylaxis of nausea and vomiting, anaesthesia, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,112 people reported to have side effects when taking Loperamide hydrochloride. Among them, 1 people (0.05%) has Anticholinergic Syndrome.
Time on Loperamide hydrochloride when people have Anticholinergic syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Anticholinergic syndrome when taking Loperamide hydrochloride * :
|Anticholinergic syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Anticholinergic syndrome when taking Loperamide hydrochloride * :
|Anticholinergic syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Anticholinergic syndrome when taking Loperamide hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Anticholinergic syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastroenteritis (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lomotil (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anticholinergic Syndrome while taking Loperamide Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Loperamide hydrochloride and have Anticholinergic Syndrome
- support group for people who take Loperamide hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Anticholinergic Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am taking prednislone for polymyalgia rhuematica and symbicourt and ventolin for copd are there any known reactions for taking these medications
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rhuematica, COPD, and takes Symbicort, Prednisolone, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
since taking these 3 drugs,I am getting cramp in my fingers and also my legs, are these all side effects, sometimes I feel a little dizzy
- Have you heard of people taking large amounts of imodium to get "opiod" feeling and death due to amount taken?
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Death Of Child, and takes Imodium)
My 21 year old son passed away unexpectedly due to large amount of Imodium taken. As I have found out he had been taking this OTC medication to get the same feeling as pain medication(opioids). This medication showed up in his toxicology report. Can anyone help me understand how this could cause dea ...
- Can being hiv positive and diabetic cause false postive drug screens for amphetamines and thc?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Hiv Antibody Positive, and takes Isentress, Truvada, Januvia, Glucotrol, Oxycodone, Fentanyl-25, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Ondansetron, Tylenol, Chlor-trimeton, Omeprazole Magnesium, Lonox, Imodium A-d)
I am constantly throwing positive drug tests for Marijuana and Amphetamines. My pain management doctor is the only one that has told me of this. I am wondering if my medical conditions or medications could cause false positives. I have not done either of those drugs since I was 20 and I will be 50 t ...
- What does a methotrexate rash look like? a cytarabine rash? if either of these chemos is responsible for my rash, what does it indicate about appropriate therapies going forward?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, Celiac Disease - Sprue, Osteoporosis, Rosacea, and takes Acyclovir, Septra, Ciprofloxacin, Probiotic, Multivitamin, Benadryl, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
Treated for Stage 1 Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in 2009 and had only 4 courses of Chemo vs the usual 6 due to a rash that showed up on Day 14 of the 4th cycle. At end of treatment and 1 year following PET scan was negative.
Diagnosed in April 2013 with Burkitt Lymphoma. Negative for HIV-AIDS, ...
- What are the side effects when we used both finasteride and loperamide hydrocloride
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Male Pattern Baldness, and takes Finasteride, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
hi sir iam taking finasteride 1mg daily one tablet in nite and loperamide hydrocloride daily one tablet in morning.what are side will occure wil take both for three months periode.
More questions for: Loperamide hydrochloride, Anticholinergic syndrome
More reviews for: Loperamide hydrochloride, Anticholinergic syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Naltrexone Hydrochloride for a patient with IBS, Alcohol Dependence. The patient has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Diarrhea, Hypertension - Medication Related, Vomiting Projectile
Comments: Alcohol withdrawal was almost complete when the doc decided to order my first Revia pill. The reaction was almost immediately after I swallowed it. What I couldn't find a word for in the adverse outcome drop-down list was a feeling of heat or acid burn starting in my midsection then radiating out ...
- A study of side effects of Imodium for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The patient has Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition)
Comments: I recovered from hepatitis c some years back, and have loose bowels, and fibromyalgia since. My symptoms wax and wane, but wonder if I could have encephalopathy. I use a fair amount, 7, sometimes more a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Imodium, Bacillus Probiotics, Calcium D - Glucarate, Meloxicam, ASA, Lovastatin, Lisinopril, Restoril, Prilosec, Xanax, Zoloft, Nadolol for a patient with Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Barrett's Esophagus, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Comments: I was taken off Meloxicam and told that I could never take it due to my Barrett's Esophogus. As a results due to my DJD, bulging discs and stenosis, plus Osteoarthritis especially in my hands, my pain and stiffness is unbearable.
More related studies for: Loperamide hydrochloride, Anticholinergic syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.