Loperamide hydrochloride and Drug abuse - from FDA reports
Drug abuse is found among people who take Loperamide hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old also take medication Cimetidine, and have Drug abuse and dependence. This review analyzes which people have Drug abuse with Loperamide hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,059 people who have side effects when taking Loperamide hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
3,059 people reported to have side effects when taking Loperamide hydrochloride.
Among them, 46 people (1.5%) have Drug abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Loperamide hydrochloride *:
- female: 26.83 %
- male: 73.17 %
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Loperamide hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.44 %
- 20-29: 43.9 %
- 30-39: 31.71 %
- 40-49: 17.07 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 4.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (16 people, 34.78%)
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (9 people, 19.57%)
- Drug Withdrawal Maintenance Therapy (4 people, 8.70%)
- Withdrawal Syndrome (3 people, 6.52%)
- Drug Dependence (3 people, 6.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cimetidine (4 people, 8.70%)
- Wellbutrin (1 person, 2.17%)
- Lexapro (1 person, 2.17%)
- Ibuprofen (1 person, 2.17%)
- Flagyl (1 person, 2.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (45 people, 97.83%)
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged (21 people, 45.65%)
- Ventricular Tachycardia (20 people, 43.48%)
- Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Prolonged (13 people, 28.26%)
- Fainting (10 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drug abuse when taking Loperamide hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is drug abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrug abuse and drugs with ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug abuse and Loperamide hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Loperamide hydrochloride has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Loperamide hydrochloride 3,360 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression (latest reports from 42,971 Drug abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Loperamide hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Drug abuseDrug abuse
Could your condition cause Drug abuseDrug abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I will be starting Ampyra in a few weeks, and I also use marijuana for spasticity. I am not a heavy user but an occasional user. Is there any interaction between those two drugs. I also take baclofen for spasticity, and I've never had any issues with MJ before.
User reviews to the study
ANYONE KNOW IF USING STRIPS OF SUBOXONE AND CUTTING THEM INTO 8THS IS EASIER TO GET OFF SUBOXONE. BEEN ON FOR A YEAR AND I DON'T WANNA BE ON IT NO MORE. IM PRESCRIBED 2 1/2 A DAY BUT ONLY TAKE ONE I CAN TAKE A 1/4 AND BE OK I JUST HEARD THAT SUBOXONE WITHDRAWEL IS WORSE THAN PERCOSET.
Je n'arrive pas à arrêter l'anafranil et personne ne me croit ni ma psy ni mon généraliste il mettent tout sur un problème psy non réglé mais mon corps ne ment pas Chaque fois que j'arrête c'est l'angoisse la fatigue, la diarrhée les vertiges ! J'en ai marre
Hi, I have been taking Montek LC continuously since 6 years, and now if I stop it for a day or two, it starts itching all over my body. And even while taking it, I feel some itching on my hands and feet, esp. palms and soles. Can someone explain what's happening, and how I can come out of the ...