Loperamide hydrochloride and Narcotic abuse - from FDA reports
Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Loperamide hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old also take medication Cimetidine, and have Drug abuse and dependence. This review analyzes which people have Narcotic abuse with Loperamide hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,059 people who have side effects when taking Loperamide hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
3,059 people reported to have side effects when taking Loperamide hydrochloride.
Among them, 46 people (1.5%) have Narcotic abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Loperamide hydrochloride *:
- female: 26.83 %
- male: 73.17 %
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Loperamide hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.44 %
- 20-29: 43.9 %
- 30-39: 31.71 %
- 40-49: 17.07 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 4.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (16 people, 34.78%)
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (9 people, 19.57%)
- Drug Withdrawal Maintenance Therapy (4 people, 8.70%)
- Withdrawal Syndrome (3 people, 6.52%)
- Drug Dependence (3 people, 6.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cimetidine (4 people, 8.70%)
- Wellbutrin (1 person, 2.17%)
- Lexapro (1 person, 2.17%)
- Ibuprofen (1 person, 2.17%)
- Flagyl (1 person, 2.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (45 people, 97.83%)
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged (21 people, 45.65%)
- Ventricular Tachycardia (20 people, 43.48%)
- Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Prolonged (13 people, 28.26%)
- Fainting (10 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Narcotic abuse when taking Loperamide hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is narcotic abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNarcotic abuse and drugs with ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNarcotic abuse and Loperamide hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Loperamide hydrochloride has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Loperamide hydrochloride 3,360 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, drug dependence, pain, depression (latest reports from 35,501 Narcotic abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Loperamide hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Narcotic abuseNarcotic abuse
Could your condition cause Narcotic abuseNarcotic abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is there a specific reason why or how someone would become addicted to cocaine following a diagnosis of fibromyalgia? Especially odd since this abuser recognized a problem with alcohol, joined AA, yet continued with an intense cocaine addiction.
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone! So glad to have found this site! I am a mother of two (three actually but lost a 2 year old daughter due to AVM 3 years ago) and joining the support group with her condition before lead me to come out of my depression after losing her. I am looking forward to meet you all here in ...
I'm a 45 single mother of two girls 10 and 8.5 ...been on disability since 2009..ex husband trying to take my girls away because of my ms ...although I'm functioning quite well. I own a house ..car...volunteer and the kids school ...I use to help with he pain and to give me energy but it's ...