Review: could Lopressor cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Lopressor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 18,050 people who have side effects while taking Lopressor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,433 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lopressor and have Chest pain >>>
Lopressor has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 18,527 Lopressor users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,852 Chest pain patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 18,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Lopressor. Among them, 1,433 people (7.94%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Lopressor when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||8.77%||33.33%||1.75%||8.77%||35.09%||5.26%||7.02% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Lopressor * :
|Chest pain||52.88%||47.12% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Lopressor * :
|Chest pain||0.07%||0.00%||0.00%||0.87%||4.73%||14.93%||27.82%||51.57% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Lopressor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (160 people, 11.17%)
- Pain (90 people, 6.28%)
- Anxiety (69 people, 4.82%)
- Depression (62 people, 4.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (58 people, 4.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (609 people, 42.50%)
- Lasix (392 people, 27.36%)
- Plavix (348 people, 24.28%)
- Lipitor (313 people, 21.84%)
- Vioxx (299 people, 20.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lopressor and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Lopressor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lopressor and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Lopressor
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Simvastatin for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine for a 20-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety And Stress. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Effient, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 55-year old man with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, In-stent Arterial Restenosis, Heart Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
Recent Lopressor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.