Home > Loratadine > Cough > Loratadine and Cough
Review: could Loratadine cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Loratadine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Asthma.
We study 9,738 people who have side effects while taking Loratadine from FDA and social media. Among them, 270 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Loratadine and have Cough >>>
Loratadine (latest outcomes from 10,971 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies.
Cough (latest reports from 489,251 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 9,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Loratadine. Among them, 270 people (2.77%) have Cough.
Time on Loratadine when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Loratadine * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Loratadine * :
Severity of Cough when taking Loratadine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (38 people, 14.07%)
- Hypersensitivity (32 people, 11.85%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 10.37%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (20 people, 7.41%)
- Pain (20 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (49 people, 18.15%)
- Lisinopril (46 people, 17.04%)
- Simvastatin (41 people, 15.19%)
- Albuterol (41 people, 15.19%)
- Omeprazole (39 people, 14.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Loratadine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Loratadine and have Cough
- support group for people who take Loratadine
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Cough, and takes Nexium, Prozac)
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
More questions for: Loratadine, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Cough, and takes DayQuil)
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Loratadine, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness, Cough, Shoulder Pain
Comments: I always get moderate to severe side effects from medications. I've been taking lisinopril about 6-8 years.
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Cough
Comments: chronic thickening
minimal blunting of bilateral costophrenic angles
- A study of drug interactions between Pyrazinamide, Rifampin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive, Tuberculosis. The patient has Breathlessness, Cough, Chest Pain
Comments: i am having breathing problem from last few days.
More related studies for: Loratadine, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.