Review: could Loratadine cause Hyperglycemia?
Summary: Hyperglycemia is found among people who take Loratadine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 9,745 people who have side effects while taking Loratadine from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Hyperglycemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyperglycemia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Loratadine and have Hyperglycemia >>>
Loratadine has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Loratadine 10,975 users)
Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Hyperglycemia 17,081 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 9,745 people reported to have side effects when taking Loratadine. Among them, 68 people (0.70%) have Hyperglycemia.
Time on Loratadine when people have Hyperglycemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Loratadine * :
Age of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Loratadine * :
Severity of Hyperglycemia when taking Loratadine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hyperglycemia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (12 people, 17.65%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 14.71%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 14.71%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 11.76%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 10.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (32 people, 47.06%)
- Lisinopril (29 people, 42.65%)
- Ibuprofen (28 people, 41.18%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 36.76%)
- Albuterol (19 people, 27.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperglycemia while taking Loratadine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Loratadine and have Hyperglycemia
- support group for people who take Loratadine
- support group for people who have Hyperglycemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- I have been taking bactrim 800/160mg for one week, and since i have been taking it i have more intense cramps and heavier bleeding for a few hours after taking it?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Heavier Bleeding, More Intense Menstrual Cramps, and takes Loratadine)
I have an abnormal menstrual cycle due to endometriosis, and am not on any form of contraceptive at this time. I normally have light bleeding every day, but after taking the medication I bleed more and cramp more.
More questions for: Loratadine, Hyperglycemia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders. (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Loratadine, Hyperglycemia
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zinc Sulfate, Echinacea, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthetic Conjugated Estrogens A, Valerian, Acetaminophen, Multivitamin, Baclofen, Loratadine, Simvastatin for a patient with AAT Deficiency, Health, Immune System Boost, Mood Swings From Change Of Life, Low Thyroid, Champagne Of Life, Anxiety And Stress, Bone And Joint Pain, Iga Deficiency, Muscle Spasms, Allergic Bronchitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bloody Very Loose Stool, Rectal Bleeding, Lower Abdonminal Pain, High In Pelvic Area
Comments: Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Abilify, Clonidine for a patient with Allergies, Adhd.
Comments: I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
More related studies for: Loratadine, Hyperglycemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.