Review: could Loratadine cause Petit mal epilepsy?
Summary: Petit mal epilepsy is found among people who take Loratadine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Depakote, and have Convulsion.
We study 9,757 people who have side effects while taking Loratadine from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Petit mal epilepsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Petit mal epilepsy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Loratadine and have Petit mal epilepsy >>>
Loratadine has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 10,987 Loratadine users)
Petit mal epilepsy
Petit mal epilepsy (absence seizure) has been reported by people with epilepsy, convulsion, multiple sclerosis, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 2,972 Petit mal epilepsy patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 9,757 people reported to have side effects when taking Loratadine. Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Petit Mal Epilepsy.
Time on Loratadine when people have Petit mal epilepsy * :
Gender of people who have Petit mal epilepsy when taking Loratadine * :
|Petit mal epilepsy||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Petit mal epilepsy when taking Loratadine * :
|Petit mal epilepsy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Petit mal epilepsy when taking Loratadine ** :
How people recovered from Petit mal epilepsy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (5 people, 83.33%)
- Grand mal convulsion (3 people, 50.00%)
- Rash (3 people, 50.00%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote (6 people, 100.00%)
- Zyrtec (6 people, 100.00%)
- Benadryl (5 people, 83.33%)
- Albuterol (5 people, 83.33%)
- Dilantin kapseal (4 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petit Mal Epilepsy while taking Loratadine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Loratadine and have Petit Mal Epilepsy
- support group for people who take Loratadine
- support group for people who have Petit Mal Epilepsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Calcium Gluceptate, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Claritin Reditabs, Combivent, Breo Ellipta, Xanax for a 77-year old woman with Depression, General Physical Health Deterioration, Enzyme Supplementation, Osteoporosis And Aging, Copd, Runny Nose, Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a 31-year old woman with Allergies. The patient has Acne
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Simvastatin, Januvia, Primidone for a 82-year old woman with Allergic Reactions, Dyslipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Essential Tremor. The patient has Anemia - Iron Deficiency, Pruritus Aggravated, Gas - Flatulence, Glaucoma
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Avalide for a 54-year old woman with Seasonal Allergy, Heartburn, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Water Retention
Recent Loratadine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.