Home > Loratadine > Suicide attempt > Loratadine and Suicide attempt
Review: could Loratadine cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Loratadine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zoloft, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 9,738 people who have side effects while taking Loratadine from FDA and social media. Among them, 63 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Loratadine and have Suicide attempt >>>
Loratadine (latest outcomes from 10,971 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies.
Suicide attempt (latest reports from 145,278 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 9,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Loratadine. Among them, 63 people (0.65%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Loratadine when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||72.73%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Loratadine * :
|Suicide attempt||60.61%||39.39% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Loratadine * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||21.15%||13.46%||21.15%||25.00%||17.31%||1.92% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Loratadine ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (20 people, 31.75%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (15 people, 23.81%)
- Insomnia (10 people, 15.87%)
- Suicide attempt (10 people, 15.87%)
- Uterine haemorrhage (10 people, 15.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (19 people, 30.16%)
- Chantix (15 people, 23.81%)
- Clonazepam (14 people, 22.22%)
- Seroquel (12 people, 19.05%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 15.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Loratadine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Loratadine and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Loratadine
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- I have been taking bactrim 800/160mg for one week, and since i have been taking it i have more intense cramps and heavier bleeding for a few hours after taking it?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Heavier Bleeding, More Intense Menstrual Cramps, and takes Loratadine)
I have an abnormal menstrual cycle due to endometriosis, and am not on any form of contraceptive at this time. I normally have light bleeding every day, but after taking the medication I bleed more and cramp more.
- Does budénoside influence ecg behaviour?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has ECG Abnormal, and takes Loratadine, Triamcinolone)
Exercing sport activities may be enhenced when ECG is abnormal for a child of 10 years old?
More questions for: Loratadine, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Suicide Attempt, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride)
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Loratadine, Suicide attempt
- A study of side effects of Claritin for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups), Psychosis
Comments: wasnt told to discontinue after allergy season or symptom relief. prescribed 1x day. took continously for 1-1.5 years. tics developed so med was stopped suddenly. psychotic type thoughts began emerging the last year of use, but not recognized as a psychosis until suicidal ideation was verbalized. on ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Singulair, Flonase, Claritin, Omeprazole, Mucinex, Benadryl for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Allergies, Gerd, Sleep Aid. The patient has
Comments: I have had some episodes where when having a BM I would have a vasovagal response. Severe migraine headache, sweating,extreme weakness, head pounding, and tightness in my neck. After two trips to the ER,I was hospitalized for 6 days recently because I have a family history of aneurysms. While in the ...
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Delusional Disorder, Paranoid Type (a type of serious mental illness involving psychosis), Suicide Attempt
Comments: Hello, I'm desperately searching the web for information of the adverse effects of max dosing of Cymbalta. To make a very complex long story as short as possible, I will try to give you some basic happenings in hopes of some (any) direction you may be able to provide.
My son who is 23 tried to t ...
More related studies for: Loratadine, Suicide attempt
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.