Review: could Lorazepam cause Blood pressure - high (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure - high is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 45,111 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,768 have Blood pressure - high. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure - high and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Blood pressure - high >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 47,116 Lorazepam users)
Blood pressure - high
Blood pressure - high has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,819 Blood pressure - high patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 45,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 1,768 people (3.92%) have Blood Pressure - High.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Blood pressure - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure - high||64.84%||14.29%||1.10%||3.30%||10.99%||1.10%||4.40% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Lorazepam * :
|Blood pressure - high||64.72%||35.28% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Lorazepam * :
|Blood pressure - high||0.25%||0.45%||2.80%||4.20%||6.05%||16.82%||22.55%||46.88% |
Severity of Blood pressure - high when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure - high||14.29%||50.00%||28.57%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||27.27%||72.73% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (246 people, 13.91%)
- Pain (239 people, 13.52%)
- Anxiety (232 people, 13.12%)
- Depression (210 people, 11.88%)
- Insomnia (79 people, 4.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (377 people, 21.32%)
- Zometa (306 people, 17.31%)
- Ambien (270 people, 15.27%)
- Aredia (241 people, 13.63%)
- Furosemide (233 people, 13.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Pressure - High while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Blood Pressure - High
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Simethicone, Albuterol, Symbicort, Ritalin, Megace, Pepcid, Claritin, Morphine, Ativan, Remeron, Tarceva for a 58-year old man with Bloating, Copd, Shortness Of Breath, Stimulants, Nasal Allergies, Allergies, Genital Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Lung Cancer. The patient has Fat Tissue Increased, Depression, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a 66-year old woman with Rhinitis Allergic. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Lorazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.