Review: could Lorazepam cause Blood pressure - high?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 44,923 people who take Lorazepam. Among them, 1,779 have Blood pressure - high. See who they are, when they have Blood pressure - high and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lorazepam (latest outcomes from 46,956 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Lorazepam include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, fatigue, anxiety aggravated.
Blood pressure - high
Blood pressure - high (latest reports from 1,127,693 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 44,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 1,779 people (3.96%) have Blood Pressure - High.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Blood pressure - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure - high||62.37%||13.98%||1.08%||5.38%||11.83%||1.08%||4.30% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Lorazepam * :
|Blood pressure - high||65.02%||34.98% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Lorazepam * :
|Blood pressure - high||0.25%||0.44%||2.72%||4.17%||6.01%||16.88%||22.76%||46.78% |
Severity of Blood pressure - high when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure - high||6.25%||68.75%||18.75%||6.25% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (247 people, 13.88%)
- Pain (240 people, 13.49%)
- Anxiety (235 people, 13.21%)
- Depression (213 people, 11.97%)
- Insomnia (79 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (377 people, 21.19%)
- Zometa (306 people, 17.20%)
- Ambien (272 people, 15.29%)
- Aredia (241 people, 13.55%)
- Furosemide (233 people, 13.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lorazepam, Blood pressure - high
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lorazepam (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Lorazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lorazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lorazepam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lorazepam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I am a 51 year old female, I have had asthma my whole life, a diagnosis of COPD was made 7 years ago, I have an ideopathic allergy that causes anaphylaxis, which I have been hospitalized for many times over the last 8 years . I am supposed to be followed for Lupus however I do not have nedical coverage .
From this study (3 months ago):
Noticed marked increase in blood pressure while taking the above listed medicines
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lorazepam, Blood pressure - high
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Lorazepam, Blood pressure - high
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Ativan, Pristiq, Hydroxyzine for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Allergic Respiratory Disease. The patient has Photosensitive Rash, Skin Redness Or Inflammation (Rashes), High Blood Pressure, Tachycardia, Chest Pain, Differential White Blood Cell Count, Edema (Swelling)
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Neurontin, Percocet for a patient with Anxiety, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Tramadol for a patient with Sleeplessness, Pain. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Lorazepam, Synthroid for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety, Thyroidectomy Nos. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Metropolol
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Nexium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Centrum, Synthroid, Fluoxetine, Valtrex, Mirena for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety, Hiatal Hernia, Gastritis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Health, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Herpes Simplex, Birth Control. The patient has Insomnia, Herpes Simplex Antibody Positive, Dizziness, Gastritis, Hernia - Hiatal (Hiatal hernia), Tooth Decay (Dental cavities), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Muscle Aches, Headache, Fatigue, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Pristiq, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Adderall Xr 20 for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I, Depression, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Adhd. The patient has Acquired Cystic Kidney Disease, Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management)
- A study of side effects of Ativan for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Crestor, Lorazepam, Gabapentin, Vicoprofen for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Arteriosclerosis, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Nerve Pain, Pain Management. The patient has Interferes With Sleep, High Blood Pressure, Constipation
More related studies for: Lorazepam, Blood pressure - high
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.