Review: could Lorazepam cause Constipation?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 44,923 people who take Lorazepam. Among them, 1,433 have Constipation. See who they are, when they have Constipation and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lorazepam (latest outcomes from 46,956 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Lorazepam include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, fatigue, anxiety aggravated.
Constipation (latest reports from 489,171 patients) has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 43,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 1,433 people (3.32%) have Constipation.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Lorazepam * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Lorazepam * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (203 people, 14.17%)
- Pain (201 people, 14.03%)
- Anxiety (167 people, 11.65%)
- Multiple myeloma (134 people, 9.35%)
- Hypertension (108 people, 7.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (360 people, 25.12%)
- Aspirin (259 people, 18.07%)
- Ambien (242 people, 16.89%)
- Oxycontin (206 people, 14.38%)
- Zofran (206 people, 14.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lorazepam, Constipation
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lorazepam (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Lorazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lorazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lorazepam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lorazepam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
I take all my medications between 12:00pm & 2pm. I start getting nauseous between 6:00pm & 7:00pm every night.
From this study (3 months ago):
This has occurred three times. There is a long bout of constipation when suddenly panic hits and I begin to go to bathroom and have horrible panic the whole time. My heart goes very fast and this last time it lasted three hours requiring 2 ativan which I am usually fine with one half. I think the ad air is doing it but am not sure. Maybe the methadone? Whatever it us I need to stop it. This is awful.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Will ativan make tinnitus worse?
I have tinnitus and need to know if i take ativan will it make tinnitus worse? Tinnitus is ringing in the ears. thank you.
More questions for: Lorazepam, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
- Lithium constipation and tremor
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
More reviews for: Lorazepam, Constipation
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Asthma Copd From Heart Endocardytus. The patient has Vagus Nerve Disorder, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Lyrica, Tegretol, Lorazepam, Flonase, Effexor Xr, Benzamycin, Atarax, Restasis for a patient with Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Allergy, Acne, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Dry Eye. The patient has Constipation, Weight
More related studies for: Lorazepam, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.