Review: could Lorazepam cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 45,108 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,229 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Depression >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 47,116 Lorazepam users)
Depression has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 277,524 Depression patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 45,108 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 2,229 people (4.94%) have Depression.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Lorazepam * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Lorazepam * :
Severity of Depression when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (521 people, 23.37%)
- Anxiety (368 people, 16.51%)
- Pain (245 people, 10.99%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (150 people, 6.73%)
- Hypertension (138 people, 6.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (355 people, 15.93%)
- Aspirin (331 people, 14.85%)
- Ambien (302 people, 13.55%)
- Neurontin (286 people, 12.83%)
- Oxycontin (273 people, 12.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lorazepam and depression on
Do you have Depression while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Depression
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who have Depression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Lorazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.