Review: could Lorazepam cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 45,087 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 839 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Lorazepam 47,090 users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Diabetes mellitus 137,876 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 45,077 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 839 people (1.86%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||5.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||25.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Lorazepam * :
|Diabetes mellitus||54.14%||45.86% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Lorazepam * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.13%||0.13%||1.25%||3.88%||13.53%||32.58%||23.18%||25.31% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (235 people, 28.01%)
- Anxiety (163 people, 19.43%)
- Bipolar disorder (138 people, 16.45%)
- Pain (119 people, 14.18%)
- Schizophrenia (113 people, 13.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (463 people, 55.18%)
- Zyprexa (253 people, 30.15%)
- Risperdal (211 people, 25.15%)
- Ambien (169 people, 20.14%)
- Aspirin (142 people, 16.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stopping ecosirin resulted in a stroke (ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week). If Aspirin cannot be continued due to hematoma or heammorage, please suggest if there is any alternate treatment for AF, because if AF is not controlled then it might lead to another stroke. Are any of these medicines can give a soliution - Dabigatran,Rivaroxaban, Apixaban or is there any alternate treatment.
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Have you or someone who has taken ativan, lorazepam or orfidal developed and form of cancer? esp. esophageal or stomach cancer
suspect long term prescription (years) of Lorazepam may have been causal to esophageal cancer Ativan, Lorazepam or Orfidal are all basically the same formula - please be specific in your answer
More questions for: Lorazepam, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wasted and weak so fell several times. Had to regain strength and learn to walk again with physical therapy. Left with foggy thinking, fatigue, muscle myopathy and peripheral neuropathy. Also developed osteopenia. Afterwards was placed on hydrocortisone and Lyrica for pain. Later found liver damage.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am under extreme stress, I acquire a bout vertigo as well. I am getting a better mouth guard made because the sleep apnea gets worse, the guard has gotten worn and my air way is getting blocked again, causes lack of oxygen and lack of oxygen causes dizziness. Which means to me one causes the other.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectrum her whole life but in December she really went crazy. She had PANDAS, (Pediatric autoimmune disorder associated with strep) Actually 3 bacterias and 17 viruses now associated with this syndrome. the antibodies to infant viruses and exposure to HSV1 (fever blisters) turned autoimmune and attacked the basal galia of her brain creating severe OCD, separation anxiety and irrational thoughts. The doctor put her on Valtrex 3 X day. He said it could produce yeast overgrowth take a probiotic. we did, one a day (not near enough) She had been cured! At 19 she came alive neighbors cried, her boss followed me to the car to say how great she was doing, talking, lively, social. etc. She started Valtrex 12/24/13. Life was good. I got her a smart phone (never thought she could use one) Then April of 2014 showed signs of hypoglycemia (yeast overgrowth)unknown at the time. Then May 1 had a nasty stomach bug. Went to family practice & ER. Its a bug going around. Well finally had the immunologist check for yeast, when she lost her memory and can't function without asking anything first. It's systemic Candida. The bloodtest showed the yeast was in her blood. You can also see it on her tongue. Causing memory loss, severe stomach upset, bloating, gas, burping. She cries every time she eats. We are on day 11 of Diflucan to kill the yeast. Oh yes, then the yeast dies and the toxins released by the critters produces symptons that are just as bad. Terrible fatigue, joint pain, low grade fever, flushed face. I went to the health food store and bought some homeopathic liquid that helps the symptoms.
My daughter has been sick for ONE month.
Will we return to Valtrex? yes. with caution. My daughter 'was here' from 12/24/13 to May 1 2014. Then I lost her to yeast. We will get her back.
Just be sure and take probiotic, especially if you know you are prone to yeast infections. Once it is in your whole system, you would wish it was just an itch!
- Horrible vivid nightmares
was prescribed lorazepam for panic attacks. it finally dawned on me at 5:15 a.m.
what was going on. every time I took this drug I had the most vivid horrible nightmare.it woke me up and could not go back to sleep. my husband got up with me and was scared for me. he is sitting up with me because I refuse to go back to bed for fear I will have another one. what do I do. what do I take. every time I took it there was a vivid nightmare. this is a BAD BAD DRUG. what does it do to other people, the real truth. have to talk to dr.
More reviews for: Lorazepam, Diabetes mellitus
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
- Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
- I was on abilify along with these meds at first, and started right away on 40 mg of prozac, but lowered it to 20, because of feeling really sick and weird, same with the abilify. but now i am still feeling sick, confused, and extremely depressed/anxious. just maybe a bit less.
- Had many episodes. This one is going on and on with many treatments including shampoos steroids injections and steroid lotions and steroid shampoos and it is still horrible. These episodes seems to keep happening more and more and taking over my life. I also have fibromyalgia.
More related studies for: Lorazepam, Diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.