Review: could Lorazepam cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 45,111 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 756 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 47,120 Lorazepam users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 45,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 839 people (1.86%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||5.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||25.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Lorazepam * :
|Diabetes mellitus||54.14%||45.86% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Lorazepam * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.13%||0.13%||1.25%||3.88%||13.53%||32.58%||23.18%||25.31% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (235 people, 28.01%)
- Anxiety (163 people, 19.43%)
- Bipolar disorder (138 people, 16.45%)
- Pain (119 people, 14.18%)
- Schizophrenia (113 people, 13.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (463 people, 55.18%)
- Zyprexa (253 people, 30.15%)
- Risperdal (211 people, 25.15%)
- Ambien (169 people, 20.14%)
- Aspirin (142 people, 16.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lorazepam and diabetes mellitus on
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Adalat, Diovan, Paxil for a 63-year old woman with Anxiety, Blood Pressurel, Blood Pressure, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
Recent Lorazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.