Review: could Lorazepam cause Hair loss?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 44,923 people who take Lorazepam. Among them, 367 have Hair loss. See who they are, when they have Hair loss and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lorazepam (latest outcomes from 46,956 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Lorazepam include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, fatigue, anxiety aggravated.
Hair loss (latest reports from 223,417 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 43,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 367 people (0.85%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||23.08%||7.69%||23.08%||7.69%||30.77%||7.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lorazepam * :
|Hair loss||80.68%||19.32% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lorazepam * :
|Hair loss||0.64%||2.55%||1.91%||2.87%||9.87%||27.39%||25.16%||29.62% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||18.18%||27.27%||36.36%||18.18% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (53 people, 14.44%)
- Metastases to bone (35 people, 9.54%)
- Depression (35 people, 9.54%)
- Breast cancer (33 people, 8.99%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 7.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (94 people, 25.61%)
- Ativan (74 people, 20.16%)
- Dexamethasone (69 people, 18.80%)
- Aredia (67 people, 18.26%)
- Zofran (63 people, 17.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lorazepam, Hair loss
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lorazepam (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Lorazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lorazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lorazepam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lorazepam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
I have a colostomy, hypertension, hypothroidism, weakened immune system, chronic depression, renal failure - stage 2, liver disease, arthritis, and fybromyalgia.
I have been cold for two days, ache in my back and liver, neck is stiff, throat is sore, body temp is 96.3, b/P is 151/101, pulse is 86. Do I have pneumonia?
From this study (6 months ago):
Trying to find out if one or both of these are responsible for my recent hair loss. Thank you
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is a side effect of losartan hair loss?
My doctor took me off Lisinopril due to the cough and put me on Losartan. After about 1 year I noticed hair breakage and hair loss. Can the hair damage be reverse by going back to Lisinopril?
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
More questions for: Lorazepam, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Lorazepam, Hair loss
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Vitamin D, Ondansetron, Senna, B-12, Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Lorazepam for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Deficiency - Vitamin K, Nausea, Constipation, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss, Chills, Vision Blurred, Confusion, Body Temperature, Muscle Aches, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Liver Tenderness, Kidney Disease, Dizziness, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Omeprazole for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Stomach Acid Test. The patient has Hair Loss, Hair Loss
More related studies for: Lorazepam, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.