Review: could Lorazepam cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 45,111 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 368 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Hair loss >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 47,122 Lorazepam users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 45,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 368 people (0.82%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||21.43%||7.14%||28.57%||7.14%||28.57%||7.14%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lorazepam * :
|Hair loss||80.74%||19.26% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lorazepam * :
|Hair loss||0.63%||2.54%||1.90%||2.86%||9.84%||27.30%||25.40%||29.52% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||16.67%||25.00%||41.67%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (53 people, 14.40%)
- Depression (36 people, 9.78%)
- Metastases to bone (35 people, 9.51%)
- Breast cancer (33 people, 8.97%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 7.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (94 people, 25.54%)
- Ativan (74 people, 20.11%)
- Dexamethasone (69 people, 18.75%)
- Aredia (67 people, 18.21%)
- Zofran (63 people, 17.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
tan (10 months ago):
I have lost hair much severe from lorzapam. I took it foe a year. I have been off for 3 months and no hair regrowth yet. Do you people know if it is scarring hair loss or reversible hair loss? Im a female and i am 28 years old.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lorazepam and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
Recent Lorazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.