Review: could Lorazepam cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 21, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 44,923 people who take Lorazepam. Among them, 1,993 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lorazepam (latest outcomes from 46,956 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Lorazepam include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, fatigue, anxiety aggravated.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,165,303 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 21, 2014: 43,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 1,993 people (4.62%) have Headache.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Lorazepam * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Lorazepam * :
Severity of Headache when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (319 people, 16.01%)
- Anxiety (260 people, 13.05%)
- Pain (215 people, 10.79%)
- Hypertension (139 people, 6.97%)
- Osteoporosis (75 people, 3.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (248 people, 12.44%)
- Ambien (240 people, 12.04%)
- Neurontin (225 people, 11.29%)
- Oxycontin (195 people, 9.78%)
- Zometa (195 people, 9.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lorazepam, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lorazepam (lorazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Lorazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lorazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lorazepam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lorazepam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
I take all my medications between 12:00pm & 2pm. I start getting nauseous between 6:00pm & 7:00pm every night.
From this study (5 months ago):
the dizziness, fatigue and muscle issues started after i had a cold in June 2013.
From this study (6 months ago):
due to the above drugs mentioned along with associated symptoms . it is noted the at I have a pineal brain cyst 6mm in size. not advancing. the guess that I was born with it. however, after talking to the skull base organization action out in Los Angeles.
a major car accident in June 14th was reported as 'unknown cause possible seizure. I'm ask in more in depth testing
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lorazepam, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
More reviews for: Lorazepam, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Nexium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Centrum, Synthroid, Fluoxetine, Valtrex, Mirena for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety, Hiatal Hernia, Gastritis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Health, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Herpes Simplex, Birth Control. The patient has Insomnia, Herpes Simplex Antibody Positive, Dizziness, Gastritis, Hernia - Hiatal (Hiatal hernia), Tooth Decay (Dental cavities), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Muscle Aches, Headache, Fatigue, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ambien, Levothyroxine Sodium, Furosemide, Xarelto, Meloxicam, Lyrica, Tramadol, Seroquel, Pristiq, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Vyvanse for a patient with Deficiency Anaemia Nos, Insomnia, Thyroiditis Chronic, Urinary Hesitation, Pulmonary Embolism, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Polyarthralgia, Bipolar 2, Unipolar Depression, Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Panic Attack, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Borderline Personality Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (Somatoform pain disorder), Body Temperature Fluctuation, Fever, Developmental Coordination Disorder Nos, Insomnia Exacerbated, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Panic Disorder, Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Weight Increased, Confusion, Drug-induced Tremor, Fatigue Aggravated, Frequent Headaches (Headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Ativan, Restoril for a patient with Anxiety, Sleep Terror. The patient has Confusion, Headache
More related studies for: Lorazepam, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.