Review: could Lorazepam cause Paranoia?
Summary: Paranoia is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 45,111 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 263 have Paranoia. Find out below who they are, when they have Paranoia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Paranoia >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 47,122 Lorazepam users)
Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 11,069 Paranoia patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 45,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 263 people (0.58%) have Paranoia.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Paranoia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Paranoia when taking Lorazepam * :
Age of people who have Paranoia when taking Lorazepam * :
Severity of Paranoia when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Paranoia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (37 people, 14.07%)
- Depression (36 people, 13.69%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 9.13%)
- Schizophrenia (22 people, 8.37%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (16 people, 6.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (63 people, 23.95%)
- Ambien (61 people, 23.19%)
- Seroquel (51 people, 19.39%)
- Vicodin (43 people, 16.35%)
- Diazepam (42 people, 15.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lorazepam and paranoia on
Do you have Paranoia while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Paranoia
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who have Paranoia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Selenium, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole for a 67-year old woman with Circulation Problems, For Thyroid Problem, Panic Attacks, Stomach (h-pyloris).
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
Recent Lorazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.