Review: could Lorazepam cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 45,111 people who have side effects while taking Lorazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 285 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Weight loss >>>
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 47,122 Lorazepam users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,334 Weight loss patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 45,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam. Among them, 285 people (0.63%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Lorazepam when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Lorazepam * :
|Weight loss||65.67%||34.33% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Lorazepam * :
|Weight loss||0.41%||0.00%||2.89%||4.55%||23.55%||28.10%||27.69%||12.81% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Lorazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (64 people, 22.46%)
- Bipolar disorder (43 people, 15.09%)
- Schizophrenia (40 people, 14.04%)
- Anxiety (34 people, 11.93%)
- Sleep disorder (27 people, 9.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (127 people, 44.56%)
- Zometa (65 people, 22.81%)
- Zyprexa (63 people, 22.11%)
- Ambien (62 people, 21.75%)
- Protonix (59 people, 20.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lorazepam and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Lorazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Lamictal, Pristiq for a 61-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar 2, Depression. The patient has Crowded Teeth, Toothache
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Adalat, Diovan, Paxil for a 63-year old woman with Anxiety, Blood Pressurel, Blood Pressure, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cleocin for a 72-year old man with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. The patient has Weight Loss
Recent Lorazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.