Review: could Lortab cause Crohn's disease?
Summary: Crohn's disease is found among people who take Lortab, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, also take medication Diflucan, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 15,752 people who have side effects while taking Lortab from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Crohn's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Crohn's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lortab and have Crohn's disease >>>
Lortab has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Lortab 17,008 users)
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) has been reported by people with acne, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Crohn's disease 74,817 patients)
On Dec, 7, 2014: 15,752 people reported to have side effects when taking Lortab. Among them, 86 people (0.55%) have Crohn's Disease.
Time on Lortab when people have Crohn's disease * :
Gender of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Lortab * :
|Crohn's disease||50.98%||49.02% |
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Lortab * :
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||44.05%||10.71%||10.71%||8.33%||19.05% |
Severity of Crohn's disease when taking Lortab ** :
How people recovered from Crohn's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (47 people, 54.65%)
- Pain (24 people, 27.91%)
- Acne (22 people, 25.58%)
- Allergic sinusitis (18 people, 20.93%)
- Ulcer (18 people, 20.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diflucan (37 people, 43.02%)
- Prednisone (34 people, 39.53%)
- Levaquin (34 people, 39.53%)
- Cipro (30 people, 34.88%)
- Humira (28 people, 32.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease while taking Lortab?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lortab and have Crohn's Disease
- support group for people who take Lortab
- support group for people who have Crohn's Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- Can you take norco while taking garcinia cambogia?
Is it ok to take garcinia cambogia while taking norco?
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence?? (1 answer)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune system compromised and will I continue to get immune problems
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
More questions for: Lortab, Crohn's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Caused by azathioprine (3 responses)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as well, for a different condition, and coincidentally developed the same spots on his hands at the same time. There is absolutely no history of this in the family and we both started the medication at the same time, and experienced the same results. We are both no longer taking this medication for these reasons, and still have this condition as a memory. I am very upset.
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" like me, to help shunt the metabolic pathway towards therapeutic 6-TG.
After 1 week of Allopurinol, I had to discontinue the drug due to debilitating nausea, which was worst in the morning.
More reviews for: Lortab, Crohn's disease
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
More related studies for: Lortab, Crohn's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.