Review: could Lortab cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 15,657 people who take Lortab. Among them, 1,366 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lortab (latest outcomes from 16,239 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain, pain relief by acupuncture. Commonly reported side effects of Lortab include acupuncture and pain, pain, nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,167,467 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 20, 2014: 14,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Lortab. Among them, 1,380 people (9.25%) have Headache.
Time on Lortab when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Lortab * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Lortab * :
Severity of Headache when taking Lortab ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (321 people, 23.26%)
- Depression (99 people, 7.17%)
- Hypertension (97 people, 7.03%)
- Anxiety (82 people, 5.94%)
- Multiple myeloma (64 people, 4.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (268 people, 19.42%)
- Xanax (257 people, 18.62%)
- Neurontin (255 people, 18.48%)
- Ambien (248 people, 17.97%)
- Zometa (239 people, 17.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lortab, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lortab (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Lortab is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lortab used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lortab side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lortab drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I take all my medications between 12:00pm & 2pm. I start getting nauseous between 6:00pm & 7:00pm every night.
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (2 months ago):
Sudden severe headache after taking Norco orally. If there is an injectable I
could have been given it in the hospital. Don't know. Luckly the headache lasted only half an hour or so, not sure on that either. I have never had a
head ache like it before. Dr's office suggest I take the 2nd one. I refused.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lortab, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Lortab, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Diverticulitis. The patient has Pain - Head (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Elavil, Fioricet, Zofran, Maxalt, Adderall Xr 25, Dexamethasone for a patient with Pain, Pain In Extremity, Headache, Nausea Post Chemotherapy, Migraine, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Edema. The patient has Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Lethargy (Fatigue), Headache, Weird Feeling In My Chest Under My Ribs. Not Constant
More related studies for: Lortab, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.