Review: could Lortab cause Sudden death (Death)?
Summary: Sudden death is found among people who take Lortab, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain.
We study 15,757 people who have side effects while taking Lortab from FDA and social media. Among them, 446 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lortab and have Sudden death >>>
Lortab has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 17,014 Lortab users)
Sudden death (latest reports from 177,491 Sudden death patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 15,754 people reported to have side effects when taking Lortab. Among them, 446 people (2.83%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Lortab when people have Sudden death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden death||57.14%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Lortab * :
|Sudden death||46.04%||53.96% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Lortab * :
|Sudden death||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.55%||3.55%||16.24%||23.86%||52.79% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (74 people, 16.59%)
- Multiple myeloma (52 people, 11.66%)
- Breast cancer (26 people, 5.83%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 4.93%)
- Nausea (22 people, 4.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (114 people, 25.56%)
- Aspirin (107 people, 23.99%)
- Zometa (100 people, 22.42%)
- Potassium chloride (84 people, 18.83%)
- Protonix (84 people, 18.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Lortab?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lortab and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Lortab
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 55-year old man with Hip Pain. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lortab for a 56-year old woman with Pain - Shoulder. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
Recent Lortab related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.