Lortab and Sudden death - from FDA reports
Sudden death is found among people who take Lortab, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Sudden death with Lortab. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,759 people who have side effects when taking Lortab from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 27, 2017
21,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Lortab.
Among them, 671 people (3.08%) have Sudden death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lortab when people have Sudden death *:
- < 1 month: 35.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 28.57 %
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Lortab *:
- female: 47.02 %
- male: 52.98 %
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Lortab *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.58 %
- 10-19: 0.19 %
- 20-29: 3.68 %
- 30-39: 3.29 %
- 40-49: 17.02 %
- 50-59: 21.08 %
- 60+: 54.16 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (75 people, 11.18%)
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (30 people, 4.47%)
- Stress And Anxiety (29 people, 4.32%)
- Breast Cancer (28 people, 4.17%)
- Depression (27 people, 4.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (143 people, 21.31%)
- Zometa (132 people, 19.67%)
- Ambien (104 people, 15.50%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 14.16%)
- Prilosec (92 people, 13.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (154 people, 22.95%)
- Fatigue (141 people, 21.01%)
- Nausea (133 people, 19.82%)
- Breathing Difficulty (115 people, 17.14%)
- Back Pain (101 people, 15.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Sudden death when taking Lortab?
- Check symptoms - is sudden death caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSudden death and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSudden death and Lortab from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lortab has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Lortab 23,463 users)
Sudden death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Sudden death patients).
Browse all side effects of Lortaba b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Sudden deathSudden death
Could your condition cause Sudden deathSudden death
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My sister died on the same day of hyste... My sister died on the same day of hysterctomy i.e removal of uterus and she had got hepatitis. The doctor does the operation without investigating the hepatitis and she was just 32 years old. The doctor said that she died because of septicemia, which ...
User reviews to the study
My husband was a healthy 78 yr old man, never sick in the 48 yrs we were married. He got ulcerative colitis and was given Lialda,3 pills a day. Within 3 months it totally destroyed his white blood cells and literally killed him! Every Dr imaginable, including CDC tried to save him but it was ...
My only child died 19 days after giving birth to my only grandchild. My daughter was only 20 years old and healthy for the most part as I thought the headaches, and weight gain, mood swings. acne, excessive yeast, and bladder infections, Blurred vision. Ultimately Bre died from 2 massive brain ...
Hello I have a 11 year girl on ablify 10mg once daily.She has been on the meds for about 4 months.She take it at night it makes her sleep threw the night when she wakes her mood is stable but she then has alot of energy.So im not sure its a good fit for her for long term so i want to see what ...