Review: could Losartan potassium cause Cannot sleep (Insomnia)?
Summary: Cannot sleep is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,823 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 219 have Cannot sleep. Find out below who they are, when they have Cannot sleep and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Cannot sleep >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,170 Losartan potassium users)
Cannot sleep (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,591 Cannot sleep patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 11,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 219 people (1.85%) have Cannot Sleep.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Cannot sleep * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cannot sleep||23.81%||28.57%||14.29%||4.76%||4.76%||19.05%||4.76% |
Gender of people who have Cannot sleep when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Cannot sleep||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Cannot sleep when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Cannot sleep||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||7.78%||26.11%||62.78% |
Severity of Cannot sleep when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cannot sleep||0.00%||77.78%||22.22%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cannot sleep ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cannot sleep||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (91 people, 41.55%)
- Depression (24 people, 10.96%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 7.31%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 7.31%)
- Asthma (16 people, 7.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 18.26%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (40 people, 18.26%)
- Omeprazole (34 people, 15.53%)
- Clonidine (32 people, 14.61%)
- Furosemide (30 people, 13.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cannot Sleep while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Cannot Sleep
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Keppra for a 19-year old boy with Sleep Disorder, Hyperactivity, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Erythromelalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old man with Secondary Hypertension. The patient has Gout - Acute
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Perindopril Erbumine for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.