Review: could Losartan potassium cause Chest discomfort (Chest pain)?
Summary: Chest discomfort is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,817 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 432 have Chest discomfort. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest discomfort and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Chest discomfort >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,160 Losartan potassium users)
Chest discomfort has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,773 Chest discomfort patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 432 people (3.66%) have Chest Discomfort.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Chest discomfort * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest discomfort||51.61%||16.13%||9.68%||9.68%||6.45%||0.00%||6.45% |
Gender of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Chest discomfort||61.81%||38.19% |
Age of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||0.25%||0.00%||0.51%||2.02%||9.60%||17.93%||69.70% |
Severity of Chest discomfort when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest discomfort ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (133 people, 30.79%)
- Diabetes mellitus (45 people, 10.42%)
- Pain (28 people, 6.48%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 6.25%)
- Osteoporosis (26 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (166 people, 38.43%)
- Omeprazole (71 people, 16.44%)
- Simvastatin (60 people, 13.89%)
- Furosemide (55 people, 12.73%)
- Lasix (46 people, 10.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Losartan potassium and chest discomfort on
Do you have Chest Discomfort while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Chest Discomfort
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Chest Discomfort
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole Sodium Bicarbonate, Losartan Potassium, Zopiclone for a 69-year old man with Tamsulosin, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate. The patient has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Lamictal for a 43-year old woman with Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Migraine. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Losartan Potassium, Hydralazine And Hydrochlorthiazide, Glimepiride, Chlorthalidone for a 80-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Senile Dementia, Bad Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.