Review: could Losartan potassium cause Chest discomfort (Chest pain)?
Summary: Chest discomfort is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 11,787 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 432 have Chest discomfort. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest discomfort and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Chest discomfort >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan potassium 12,127 users)
Chest discomfort has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Chest discomfort 136,663 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 11,780 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 432 people (3.67%) have Chest Discomfort.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Chest discomfort * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest discomfort||51.61%||16.13%||9.68%||9.68%||6.45%||0.00%||6.45% |
Gender of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Chest discomfort||61.81%||38.19% |
Age of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||0.25%||0.00%||0.51%||2.02%||9.60%||17.93%||69.70% |
Severity of Chest discomfort when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest discomfort ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (133 people, 30.79%)
- Diabetes mellitus (45 people, 10.42%)
- Pain (28 people, 6.48%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 6.25%)
- Osteoporosis (26 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (166 people, 38.43%)
- Omeprazole (71 people, 16.44%)
- Simvastatin (60 people, 13.89%)
- Furosemide (55 people, 12.73%)
- Lasix (46 people, 10.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Discomfort while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Chest Discomfort
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Chest Discomfort
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can losartan cause polymyalgia
Have experienced side effects to many BP drugs.Have been on losartan and bendrofluazide for a year.3/4 months ago pains in the neck started which spread to arms and legs ears and head.At first ESR normal but was given prednisololine for one week with great results .Pains all came back and ESR now 78
- Can the use of triamcinolone ointment on the eyelids, nose, and side of mouth cause headache, uneven heartbeat and aura
Started noticing slight chest pain, small tension like headaches and auras after a year and half, did not apply everyday, maybe on average once ever week or two for a year and a half
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
More questions for: Losartan potassium, Chest discomfort
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
- Chest pain while on yasmin
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescribed by my OG for withdrawal bleed
More reviews for: Losartan potassium, Chest discomfort
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
- Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Losartan potassium, Chest discomfort
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.