Review: could Losartan potassium cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,817 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 213 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Constipation >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,160 Losartan potassium users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,475 Constipation patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 213 people (1.80%) have Constipation.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Losartan potassium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Losartan potassium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (65 people, 30.52%)
- Pain (31 people, 14.55%)
- Constipation (16 people, 7.51%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 7.51%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 7.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (66 people, 30.99%)
- Omeprazole (30 people, 14.08%)
- Lasix (29 people, 13.62%)
- Lyrica (28 people, 13.15%)
- Simvastatin (27 people, 12.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Pat (3 years ago):
I am a new Losartan Potassium user. I have been on this BP medication for approximately 6 weeks now. In that time, i have noticed a definite change in my bowel habits where I didn't have any problems with constipation at all. Now I have four sometimes more days before moving the bowels. Also, I have noticed a definite increase in edema, as well as a decrease in my energy level and ability to concentrate. I have a cardiologist appointment coming up on May 7 and plan to discuss these changes with him. I am definitely not satisfied with the way I feel on this drug.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan potassium and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Losartan Potassium, Hydralazine And Hydrochlorthiazide, Glimepiride, Chlorthalidone for a 80-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Senile Dementia, Bad Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Celebrex, Clonidine for a 32-year old man with Drug Addiction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Adhd. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.