Home > Losartan potassium > Constipation > Losartan potassium and Constipation
Review: could Losartan potassium cause Constipation?
We study 11,774 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 213 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Constipation >>>
Losartan potassium (latest outcomes from 12,104 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 11,758 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 213 people (1.81%) have Constipation.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Losartan potassium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Losartan potassium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (65 people, 30.52%)
- Pain (31 people, 14.55%)
- Constipation (16 people, 7.51%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 7.51%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 7.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (66 people, 30.99%)
- Omeprazole (30 people, 14.08%)
- Lasix (29 people, 13.62%)
- Lyrica (28 people, 13.15%)
- Simvastatin (27 people, 12.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Pat (3 years ago):
I am a new Losartan Potassium user. I have been on this BP medication for approximately 6 weeks now. In that time, i have noticed a definite change in my bowel habits where I didn't have any problems with constipation at all. Now I have four sometimes more days before moving the bowels. Also, I have noticed a definite increase in edema, as well as a decrease in my energy level and ability to concentrate. I have a cardiologist appointment coming up on May 7 and plan to discuss these changes with him. I am definitely not satisfied with the way I feel on this drug.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Losartan Potassium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Constipation
- group for people who take Losartan potassium
- group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Not really constipation - more difficult defecation. Two partial movements per day is typical. Frequent pain the in the lower abdomen and kidneys.
From this study (7 months ago):
Daily: baby aspirin, multivitamin, vitamin D, fiber supplement
From this study (7 months ago):
Recent colonoscopy and stool sample both negative
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Losartan potassium, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Losartan potassium bad dreams
This drug is causing me dreams nightly. I have taken it for 3 weeks. Will be letting my physician know.
- Rituxan mental changes
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
More reviews for: Losartan potassium, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Losartan Potassium (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan Potassium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan Potassium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (59 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Urine Potassium Decreased
- Semen Volume Increased