Review: could Losartan potassium cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,823 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 356 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Cough >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,162 Losartan potassium users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,693 Cough patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 11,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 356 people (3.01%) have Cough.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Losartan potassium * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Losartan potassium * :
Severity of Cough when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (160 people, 44.94%)
- Atrial fibrillation (62 people, 17.42%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (40 people, 11.24%)
- Asthma (33 people, 9.27%)
- Pain (23 people, 6.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (71 people, 19.94%)
- Aspirin (67 people, 18.82%)
- Verapamil (55 people, 15.45%)
- Omeprazole (43 people, 12.08%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (43 people, 12.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan potassium and cough on
Do you have Cough while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Cough
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old man with Secondary Hypertension. The patient has Gout - Acute
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Perindopril Erbumine for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.