Review: could Losartan potassium cause Ed?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 10,237 people who take Losartan potassium. Among them, 36 have Ed. See who they are, when they have Ed and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Losartan potassium (latest outcomes from 11,986 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure, blood pressure management. Commonly reported side effects of Losartan potassium include high blood pressure, breathing difficulty, dizziness, dizziness aggravated, weakness.
Ed (latest reports from 126,668 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 17, 2014: 10,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 35 people (0.34%) have Ed.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Losartan potassium * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Losartan potassium * :
Severity of Ed when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (19 people, 54.29%)
- Erectile dysfunction (7 people, 20.00%)
- Multiple myeloma (6 people, 17.14%)
- Pain (3 people, 8.57%)
- Ischaemic heart disease prophylaxis (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (14 people, 40.00%)
- Simvastatin (11 people, 31.43%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (10 people, 28.57%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (10 people, 28.57%)
- Levitra (10 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Losartan potassium, Ed
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Losartan Potassium (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan Potassium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan Potassium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Losartan potassium side effects from A to Z:
Browse Losartan potassium drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Daily: baby aspirin, multivitamin, vitamin D, fiber supplement
From this study (1 month ago):
Recent colonoscopy and stool sample both negative
From this study (4 months ago):
Often difficulty in maintaining erection during sex and/or inability to reach orgasm
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can cialis cause pain in the penis?
Cialis causes moderate pain in the penis. Is this a cause for concern?
- Do you have heart palpitations while taking losatan potassium?
I'm a 60 year old male (high cholesterol; 139/94bp)whose doctor prescribed Lisinopril to get that BP number down. That BP drug caused a cough (as noted in side effects) so my medication was changed to Losartan Potassium (March 2013) by June 2013 I developed daily heart palpitations. A very severe pa ...
- Can i give up using losartan 50mg for hypertension
I have just started taking losarton potassium 50mg once in the morning and i am not feeling comfortable since i have just recently been diagnosed for HIGH BP.
I keep getting suicidal thoughts and i want to get out of the medicne!!
More questions for: Losartan potassium, Ed
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Accutane made me impotent
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
More reviews for: Losartan potassium, Ed
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin, Losartan, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with BPH, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems), Blood Urine, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Bystolic, Crestor, Nexium, Aspirin, Humira, Cozaar for a patient with Coronary Artery Bypass, Coronary Artery Disease, Hiatus Hernia, Platelet Count, Crohn's Disease, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Allopurinol, Losartan, Metformin, Actos for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gouty Arthritis, Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
More related studies for: Losartan potassium, Ed
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.