Review: could Losartan potassium cause Enlarged prostate?
Summary: Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Atenolol, and have Platelet disorder.
We study 11,817 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Enlarged prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Enlarged prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Enlarged prostate >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,160 Losartan potassium users)
Enlarged prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 17,507 Enlarged prostate patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 14 people (0.12%) have Enlarged Prostate.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Enlarged prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||7.14%||85.71% |
Severity of Enlarged prostate when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Enlarged prostate||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Enlarged prostate ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Platelet disorder (2 people, 14.29%)
- Skin cancer (2 people, 14.29%)
- Endocrine disorder (2 people, 14.29%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (2 people, 14.29%)
- Cardiac disorder (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (5 people, 35.71%)
- Celebrex (3 people, 21.43%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 21.43%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (3 people, 21.43%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan potassium and enlarged prostate on
Do you have Enlarged Prostate while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Enlarged Prostate
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Enlarged Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Losartan Potassium, Hydralazine And Hydrochlorthiazide, Glimepiride, Chlorthalidone for a 80-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Senile Dementia, Bad Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.