Review: could Losartan potassium cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,823 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 795 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have High blood pressure >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,170 Losartan potassium users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 330,147 High blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 795 people (6.73%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||25.71%||20.95%||5.71%||8.57%||25.71%||6.67%||6.67% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium * :
|High blood pressure||67.16%||32.84% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium * :
|High blood pressure||0.13%||0.79%||0.79%||2.24%||3.03%||9.75%||19.10%||64.16% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||64.71%||35.29%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (377 people, 47.42%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (68 people, 8.55%)
- Diabetes mellitus (56 people, 7.04%)
- Pain (50 people, 6.29%)
- Convulsion (44 people, 5.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (141 people, 17.74%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (102 people, 12.83%)
- Furosemide (100 people, 12.58%)
- Omeprazole (100 people, 12.58%)
- Clonidine (98 people, 12.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan potassium and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 61-year old woman with HBP. The patient has Pricking Pain In Left Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bactrim for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesion. The patient has Skin Rash, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 47-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 39-year old woman with Malignant Hypertension. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.