Review: could Losartan potassium cause High blood pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 10,237 people who take Losartan potassium. Among them, 796 have High blood pressure. See who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Losartan potassium (latest outcomes from 11,986 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure, blood pressure management. Commonly reported side effects of Losartan potassium include high blood pressure, breathing difficulty, dizziness, dizziness aggravated, weakness.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,137,564 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 10,237 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 796 people (7.78%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||26.21%||21.36%||4.85%||9.71%||25.24%||5.83%||6.80% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium * :
|High blood pressure||67.08%||32.92% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium * :
|High blood pressure||0.13%||0.79%||0.79%||2.24%||3.03%||9.89%||19.26%||63.85% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||78.57%||21.43%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||23.08%||76.92% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (378 people, 47.49%)
- Blood pressure (98 people, 12.31%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (68 people, 8.54%)
- Diabetes mellitus (56 people, 7.04%)
- Pain (52 people, 6.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (143 people, 17.96%)
- Omeprazole (101 people, 12.69%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (101 people, 12.69%)
- Furosemide (99 people, 12.44%)
- Simvastatin (98 people, 12.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Losartan potassium, High blood pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Losartan Potassium (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan Potassium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan Potassium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Losartan potassium side effects from A to Z:
Browse Losartan potassium drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Depression, moderate Hypertension not controlled yet. Joint pain... Shoulder Osteoarthritis worth necrosis and bone spurs. New shoulder with in the next 5 years.
From this study (1 month ago):
I have such arthritis pain. Could one of my medicines make my pain worse?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan potassium, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Losartan potassium, High blood pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Zolpidem, Effexor, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Cymbalta, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Losartan, Furosemide for a patient with Joint Injury, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Depression, Chronic Depression, Acid Reflux, Hypertension. The patient has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Hytrin, Demadex, Cozaar, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Xarelto, Carvedilol, Diovan, Torsemide for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Cardiac Ventricular Disorder, Cardiac Disorder, Pacemaker, Bronchial Carcinoma, Cardiac Pacemaker Replacement. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Nexium, Allopurinol, Colcrys, Amlodipine Besylate, Spironolactone, Atenolol, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Allergies, Acid Reflux, Gout, High Blood Pressure, Fluid Intake Restriction. The patient has Allergies, Acid Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), High Blood Pressure, Gouty Arthritis, Severe Arthritis Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ciprofloxacin, Amoxicillin, Ibuprofen, Pantoprazole, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Lovastatin, Amlodipine, Losartan, Metformin, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Prostate Infection, Pain - Muscles, Pain, Gastritis, Enlarged Prostate, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Heartbeat Skip. The patient has Atherosclerosis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2 diabetes), Skipped Heartbeat, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Ischaemic Stroke
- A study of drug interactions between Bystolic, Losartan Potassium, Synthroid for a patient with Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Rhizome Di Kava-Kava, Omega 3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Soma, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Losartan for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety, Routine Health Maintenance, Sexual Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hypertension. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Cozaar for a patient with Thyroid Gland Removal, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash Generalised (Rashes), Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Restlessness (Agitation), Watery Eyes
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated, Dizziness, Lack Of Feeling, Tired Eyes (eyes feel achy, weak, or heavy due to intense use), Vision Blurred, Blood Pressure, Neck Tightness
- A study of drug interactions between Isradipine, Methimazole, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Bystolic, Requip, Azilect, Cozaar, Simvastatin, Vitamin D for a patient with Hypertension, Hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Vitamin D. The patient has Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management)
- A study of drug interactions between Lialda, Gabapentin, Boniva, Adderall Xr 30, Metoprolol Tartrate, Losartan Potassium, Vicodin for a patient with Colitis, Pain - Back, Osteoporosis, Fear, Focus, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Losartan potassium, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.