Review: could Losartan potassium cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,817 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 182 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,160 Losartan potassium users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Irregular heartbeat patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 182 people (1.54%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||12.50%||12.50%||18.75%||25.00%||31.25%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Irregular heartbeat||74.07%||25.93% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.23%||0.62%||9.26%||19.14%||69.75% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (96 people, 52.75%)
- Convulsion (31 people, 17.03%)
- Ingrowing nail (17 people, 9.34%)
- Pain (16 people, 8.79%)
- Anaesthesia (14 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (54 people, 29.67%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (51 people, 28.02%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (45 people, 24.73%)
- Xanax (40 people, 21.98%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 23-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heat Intolerance (feeling of being overheated)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man with Bloodpreasure, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Overactive Thyroid (extra secretions from thyroid)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Benicar for a 75-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Cozaar, Irbesartan for a 69-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.