Review: could Losartan potassium cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Hypertension.
We study 11,787 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 181 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan potassium 12,127 users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Irregular heartbeat 51,983 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 11,780 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 181 people (1.54%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||12.50%||12.50%||18.75%||25.00%||31.25%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Irregular heartbeat||73.94%||26.06% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.24%||0.62%||8.70%||19.25%||70.19% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||28.57%||42.86%||28.57% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (96 people, 53.04%)
- Convulsion (31 people, 17.13%)
- Ingrowing nail (17 people, 9.39%)
- Pain (16 people, 8.84%)
- Anaesthesia (14 people, 7.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (54 people, 29.83%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (51 people, 28.18%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (45 people, 24.86%)
- Xanax (40 people, 22.10%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 21.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can losartan cause polymyalgia
Have experienced side effects to many BP drugs.Have been on losartan and bendrofluazide for a year.3/4 months ago pains in the neck started which spread to arms and legs ears and head.At first ESR normal but was given prednisololine for one week with great results .Pains all came back and ESR now 78
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but I don't think I notice it during the day, possible a little but at night it escalates. Is it possible that Biotin can cause damage. Why hasn't it gone away after near 2 weeks? I had no racing before starting Biotin. I've had a regularly scheduled checked about 4 days after stopping taking the Biotin. I didn't mention anything to the doc but he noticed nothing about my heartbeat or deep breathing. It's distracts and I wish it would subside! Any clues here? Thanks, jack
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day. But when I sit down to relax at night it begins to flip and flop. Why is this persisting after near 2 weeks of stopping. By the way, I had a regular checkup about 4 or 5 days after stopping and the physician didn't say anything about what he heard in my heart and deep breathing. I have no pain but the palpitations are distracting and somewhat worrisome. Is there any cases of biotin doing damage to the heart?
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
More questions for: Losartan potassium, Irregular heartbeat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Irregular heatbeat and prilosec
I am 65 M and a long history of Moderate hypertension. I am overweight, out of shape. 15-20 years ago when I didn't take BP medicine I had occasional PVCs, heart skips a beat.
Since I have been on Metoprolol (beta blocker) and Cozaar my BP is normal and heartbeat normal.
I have been on that regimen 15-20 years.
Now or in the last weeks or 2 I notice skipped beats and irregular, fast to slow and back on occasion
Recently It was suggested I may have sleep apnea and was definitely diagnosed with bad acid reflux by an Ear nose and throat specialist.
I was told to go on 2 OTC Prevacid/day for 3 months. I instead, since I had them, went on Prilosec-- slightly different.
I have been on Prilosec 2 or so weeks maybe 3.
It clicked in my mind today that maybe there is a connection.
I have a pretty expensive pulse oximeter (electronic finger thingy) and I can actually see flat lines and skipped beats and strength of pulse. Oxygen is 90 to 94. Also I started taking aspirin out of fear
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of headache as soon as I drank the mixture. Symptoms then disappear within a couple of minutes and I was fine for the rest of the day.
This has been getting worse every morning, until this morning (day 5) where I had to kneel down and focus on breathing.
I can't drink it anymore, my chest hurts and it gets quite scary.
I usually don't eat a lot of garlic anyway, I don't really like it. I'm assuming it's the garlic creating the reaction, as lemon and honey are part of my daily diet.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
More reviews for: Losartan potassium, Irregular heartbeat
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been having these palpitations for this phase since August 2014 although I have had them before, whilst on Ramipril. Had an ECG and other than I have been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats the heart looks healthy enough, yet I am getting severe palpitations daily, to the point they do put me ...
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
More related studies for: Losartan potassium, Irregular heartbeat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.