Review: could Losartan potassium cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,823 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 490 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Low blood pressure >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,162 Losartan potassium users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Low blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 490 people (4.15%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||38.89%||16.67%||5.56%||13.89%||13.89%||8.33%||2.78% |
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Low blood pressure||49.09%||50.91% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||1.10%||1.10%||6.81%||8.13%||21.54%||61.32% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (144 people, 29.39%)
- Pain (26 people, 5.31%)
- Diabetes mellitus (26 people, 5.31%)
- Hyperuricaemia (24 people, 4.90%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 4.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (104 people, 21.22%)
- Amlodipine (69 people, 14.08%)
- Omeprazole (61 people, 12.45%)
- Furosemide (61 people, 12.45%)
- Allopurinol (53 people, 10.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vascepa, Plavix, Tamsulosin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Dexilant, Crestor, Bystolic for a 61-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Output Decreased, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Blindness
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Losartan for a 60-year old woman with Anxiety, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sweating
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 65-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Glands
- A study of drug interactions between Bystolic, Losartan Potassium for a 67-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Pyloric Ulcer. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a 56-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Night Sweats
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.