Review: could Losartan potassium cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,823 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 587 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Muscle weakness >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,170 Losartan potassium users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,307 Muscle weakness patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 587 people (4.97%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||21.74%||30.43%||26.09%||8.70%||8.70%||4.35%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Muscle weakness||56.33%||43.67% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.75%||7.06%||17.06%||73.14% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||14.29%||42.86%||42.86%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (177 people, 30.15%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (51 people, 8.69%)
- Pain (41 people, 6.98%)
- Osteoporosis (38 people, 6.47%)
- Atrial fibrillation (38 people, 6.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (166 people, 28.28%)
- Simvastatin (99 people, 16.87%)
- Omeprazole (84 people, 14.31%)
- Furosemide (82 people, 13.97%)
- Folic acid (60 people, 10.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan potassium and muscle weakness on
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of side effects of Compazine for a 80-year old woman with Nausea. The patient has Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Hfa, Losartan for a 53-year old man with Asthma, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Temperature Measurement
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.