Review: could Losartan potassium cause Panic attacks (Panic disorder)?
Summary: Panic attacks is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Amitriptyline hydrochloride, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,823 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Panic attacks. Find out below who they are, when they have Panic attacks and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Panic attacks >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,162 Losartan potassium users)
Panic attacks has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain. (latest reports from 24,834 Panic attacks patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 11,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 46 people (0.39%) have Panic Attacks.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Panic attacks * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attacks||15.79%||10.53%||5.26%||0.00%||68.42%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Panic attacks when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Panic attacks||86.00%||14.00% |
Age of people who have Panic attacks when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Panic attacks||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.13%||4.26%||10.64%||82.98% |
Severity of Panic attacks when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attacks||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Panic attacks ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attacks||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (29 people, 63.04%)
- Hyperchlorhydria (16 people, 34.78%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (15 people, 32.61%)
- Pain (13 people, 28.26%)
- Depression (8 people, 17.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride (22 people, 47.83%)
- Lansoprazole (22 people, 47.83%)
- Fosamax (20 people, 43.48%)
- Amlodipine (17 people, 36.96%)
- Alendronate sodium (16 people, 34.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Panic Attacks while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Panic Attacks
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Panic Attacks
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old man with Secondary Hypertension. The patient has Gout - Acute
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a 65-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nose Bleeds
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Perindopril Erbumine for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.