Home > Losartan potassium > Sleep issues > Losartan potassium and Sleep issues
Review: could Losartan potassium cause Sleep issues (Insomnia)?
Summary: Sleep issues is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 11,780 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 218 have Sleep issues. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep issues and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Sleep issues >>>
Losartan potassium (latest outcomes from 12,121 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Sleep issues (sleep problems) (latest reports from 761,004 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 11,774 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 218 people (1.85%) have Sleep Issues.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Sleep issues * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep issues||25.00%||25.00%||15.00%||5.00%||5.00%||20.00%||5.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep issues when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Sleep issues||66.97%||33.03% |
Age of people who have Sleep issues when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Sleep issues||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.35%||7.82%||26.26%||62.57% |
Severity of Sleep issues when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep issues||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep issues ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep issues||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (91 people, 41.74%)
- Blood pressure (26 people, 11.93%)
- Depression (24 people, 11.01%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 7.34%)
- Asthma (16 people, 7.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 18.35%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (40 people, 18.35%)
- Omeprazole (33 people, 15.14%)
- Clonidine (32 people, 14.68%)
- Furosemide (30 people, 13.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Issues while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Sleep Issues
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Sleep Issues
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
More questions for: Losartan potassium, Sleep issues
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, and takes Losartan Potassium)
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Losartan potassium, Sleep issues
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Lisinopril for a patient with Nephropathy - Iga. The patient has Toothache
Comments: My tooth is aching and I want to know if it has to do with my high blood pressure or my medications
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I have been diagnosed for 5 years. All my other issues are getting better except the insomnia. I dont know if I need more dosage or if its just not working.
- A study of side effects of Cortef for a patient with Addison's Disease. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I need this med but I need to know how to get some rest so i can work too.
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Burns
Comments: took xray treatments for psoriasis and got bad burns on several parts of my body
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
More related studies for: Losartan potassium, Sleep issues
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.