Review: could Losartan potassium cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 11,805 people who have side effects while taking Losartan potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 397 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Upset stomach >>>
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 12,150 Losartan potassium users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, quit smoking. (latest reports from 142,479 Upset stomach patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 11,805 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium. Among them, 397 people (3.36%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||16.00%||56.00%||12.00%||0.00%||12.00%||4.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Upset stomach||72.21%||27.79% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Losartan potassium * :
|Upset stomach||0.27%||0.00%||0.81%||2.70%||2.97%||8.38%||19.73%||65.14% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Losartan potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (106 people, 26.70%)
- Diabetes mellitus (42 people, 10.58%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (30 people, 7.56%)
- Prophylaxis (27 people, 6.80%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (27 people, 6.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (96 people, 24.18%)
- Omeprazole (71 people, 17.88%)
- Furosemide (62 people, 15.62%)
- Metformin hcl (44 people, 11.08%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (41 people, 10.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan potassium and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Losartan Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Losartan potassium
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lunesta, Zantac 150, Albuterol, Duragesic-25, Symbicort, Cozaar, Zofran, Lortab, Lyrica, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lasix, Tegretol, Nexium, Aricept, Requip, Phenergan for a 78-year old woman with Depression, Insomnia, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Pain, Hypertension, Nausea, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Edema, Facial Pain, Dementia. The patient has Dizziness, Vomiting, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Baby Aspirin, Mirtazapine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Losartan, Digoxin, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate for a 95-year old man with Some Moderately Low Numbers In Blood Work Last Year, Chf, Anxiety, Sleep Trouble, Bph. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Nausea And Vomiting, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Multivitamin, Losartan Potassium, Levaquin, Norco, Plavix, Aspirin, Xanax, Acidophilus, Coreg, Verapamil Hcl for a 99-year old woman with GERD, Iron Supplements And Disease, Hypertension, Bacterial Infection, Pain Management, Coronary Artery Disease, Anxiety, Bacterial Infection Nos. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lipitor, Methimazole for a 77-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Nausea, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite, Stomach Upset, Gerd, Poison Ivy Itchiness, Lethargy, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 79-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Headaches (pain in head), Upset Stomach
Recent Losartan potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.