Losartan potassium and Blood glucose increased - from FDA reports
Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lantus, and have Type 2 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Blood glucose increased with Losartan potassium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,021 people who have side effects when taking Losartan potassium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
19,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium.
Among them, 358 people (1.88%) have Blood glucose increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Blood glucose increased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 40 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Losartan potassium *:
- female: 51.16 %
- male: 48.84 %
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Losartan potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.35 %
- 20-29: 1.4 %
- 30-39: 0.7 %
- 40-49: 5.59 %
- 50-59: 22.03 %
- 60+: 69.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (78 people, 21.79%)
- Diabetes (69 people, 19.27%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (46 people, 12.85%)
- Pain (14 people, 3.91%)
- Multiple Myeloma (14 people, 3.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lantus (70 people, 19.55%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 19.27%)
- Furosemide (57 people, 15.92%)
- Metformin (53 people, 14.80%)
- Simvastatin (45 people, 12.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (47 people, 13.13%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (42 people, 11.73%)
- Breathing Difficulty (38 people, 10.61%)
- Nausea (37 people, 10.34%)
- Weakness (35 people, 9.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Blood glucose increased when taking Losartan potassium?
- Check symptoms - is blood glucose increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlood glucose increased and drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlood glucose increased and Losartan potassium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan potassium 20,203 users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 116,753 Blood glucose increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Losartan potassiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood glucose increasedBlood glucose increased
Could your condition cause Blood glucose increasedBlood glucose increased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I am taking Losartan Potassium for close to a year and just read that it could cause Hydronephrosis. I had hydronephrosis 2 years ago from a different cause. I am afraid that I will get it from the Losartan.
I started taking 15MEQ of Potassium Citrate (3x 5MEQ pills a day) because of Kidney stones. I had to stop taking Amiloride to do so. After 2 months my potassium level in the blood has fallen to 3, when it was 3.8 or 4 sometimes. I take Losartan 100mg. Any clues as to whether I should ...