Losartan potassium and Itchiness - from FDA reports
Itchiness is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Itchiness with Losartan potassium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,021 people who have side effects when taking Losartan potassium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
19,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium.
Among them, 480 people (2.52%) have Itchiness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Itchiness *:
- < 1 month: 26.47 %
- 1 - 6 months: 38.24 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.59 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 8.82 %
Gender of people who have Itchiness when taking Losartan potassium *:
- female: 60.94 %
- male: 39.06 %
Age of people who have Itchiness when taking Losartan potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.27 %
- 30-39: 1.35 %
- 40-49: 8.65 %
- 50-59: 20.54 %
- 60+: 69.19 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (70 people, 14.58%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (38 people, 7.92%)
- Diabetes (35 people, 7.29%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (19 people, 3.96%)
- Multiple Myeloma (19 people, 3.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (69 people, 14.37%)
- Niaspan (47 people, 9.79%)
- Omeprazole (43 people, 8.96%)
- Simvastatin (37 people, 7.71%)
- Humira (31 people, 6.46%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (178 people, 37.08%)
- Fatigue (67 people, 13.96%)
- Breathing Difficulty (63 people, 13.12%)
- Nausea (50 people, 10.42%)
- Headache (49 people, 10.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itchiness when taking Losartan potassium?
- Check symptoms - is itchiness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItchiness and drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItchiness and Losartan potassium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan potassium 20,203 users)
Itchiness has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 165,432 Itchiness patients).
Browse all side effects of Losartan potassiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchinessItchiness
Could your condition cause ItchinessItchiness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I am taking Losartan Potassium for close to a year and just read that it could cause Hydronephrosis. I had hydronephrosis 2 years ago from a different cause. I am afraid that I will get it from the Losartan.